Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Gordon Brown Fail
  • will
    Free Member

I had to laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8649853.stm

Ok I fail… Move to Chat 🙄

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Will fail.

Pook

WILL YOU'RE A RIGHT MORON.

zaskar
    Free Member

God that woman was bloody annoying.

We had debt from WW2 too, maybe we should show her mathmatical forecast…

Jamie
    Free Member

You really **** this up WIll.

*shakes head at the humanity of it*

highclimber
    Free Member

although I'm not A Brown fan at the mo, I do feel for him as she IS a bigot

highclimber
    Free Member

He could have called her a lot worse name than that! at any other time than during an election campaign he could have been forgiven as she did have some quite Right-wing views!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just because she has concerns about the amount of eastern Europeans working in the UK does not make her a bigot, can't anyone have an opinion about immigrants or otherwise without being branded a racist or a bigot. Immigration is a big concern is it not!

highclimber
    Free Member

its a lack of understanding about the dynamics of Migrant workers (which is what she is referring to). They come over here, do the jobs that either we as a society think we are above or don't have the skills to fill. they earn, pay taxes, leave to return to their country of origin and don't reap the benefits of our services!

she might not be a bigot, then, but she is certainly not well informed

kimbers

Immigration is a big concern is it not!

only if you are gullible enough to believe the tosh that the mail/telegraph/times/sun and other rightwing rags peddle

or if you just dont like them foreign types

dazh

highclimber +1.

A couple of years ago, everyone was moaning about the lack of plumbers etc and how expensive they were. Now everyone's moaning about Eastern Europeans taking our jobs! And one of my work colleagues has the temerity to suggest there are too many Eastern Europeans over here even though he has a Ukrainian wife. When I pointed out the contradiction between his views and his personal situation he just said, 'but that's different'.

Sadly, most people who complain about immigration are indeed racist, and they rarely thank you for pointing it out.

elaineanne
    Free Member

that woman was saying everything that is true ! good for her… im glad she was telling mr Brown just the way it is !!!!

westkipper
    Free Member

Has anybody here, personally, been disadvantaged, ever, by Eastern European workers?
    I'm interested, because as a lowish paid, semi-skilled working bloke with Polish and Czech collegues, I've not, so I'm a bit surprised when I hear the drivel from the BIGOTS!. 😉

kimbers

i think elaine anne must be a plumber

juan
    Free Member

Yeah I agree, how do europeans (that mean members of the EU right) dare to come to the UK and work. Even before you realise it you'll have them taking grant for Phd's out of real english student. What a disgrace for the great british empire. What else will come next, italian pizza places, french bakery. If that is not stopped, before we even noticed, you might even get some french people coming on this very forum…
    That crazy I tell thou

El-bent
    Free Member

i think elaine anne must be a plumber

And a Sun reader to boot.

prettygreenparrot

A careless remark from a misunderstanding? The fallout will continue.

bigbloke
    Free Member

It doesn't affect you directly migrant workers until you are made redundant from your job then have to go out and seek a new job to support your family and are attending interviews and being offered rubbish money or temporary contracts due to the influx of migrant workers willing to work for a hell of a lot less, this makes it very hard to find a job.

I know this from personal experience, especially if you are not classed as a "skilled" worker or your trade is non existent anymore. I was made redundant from my job a few years back earning around £24k a year plus OT. Then in the job market which had changed significantly due to migrant workers i ended up having to work for £16k a year a massive drop in my earnings. A direct influence of the migrant workforce.

The firm i worked for was at least 60% migrant workers mostly on temp contracts , it was hard to communicate with them in some cases, they were on a lot less than i ffs, if anyone left that was permanent they were replaced by another temp migrant and so it went on and on. I made some good friends with some of the migrant workers so i'm not a Bigot or Racist.Now the firm is closed also and relocated to the Far East.

What annoys me more about the issue is the attitude of employers nowadays "well thats whats on offer take it or leave it i'll just get a migrant in cheaper". I have moved onto better things now but i really feel for married men with families to support in the job market facing the prospect of appalling salaries to support thier families on because the jobs just aren't there anymore.

No doubt i'm a Nazi now,as apparently you can't make a view on immigrants or anything else considered not PC.

westkipper
    Free Member

Bigbloke, so its just a theoretical then? you've not actually suffered as a result yourself?
    Surely the lowest wage the employer can pay is the minimum wage, which, unless the tories change it, is the same for everyone?
    Theres a lot of migrant workers in my local area and the effect they've had is mostly positive- Taxes being paid, rented houses being occupied, increased trade locally.

El-bent
    Free Member

No doubt i'm a Nazi now,as apparently you can't make a view on immigrants or anything else considered not PC.

Not at all, you've summed up how the jobs market has been going for years. But if we as a population are not prepared to pay more for goods and services, and employers not paying a decent living wage for a country with high living costs, then it will get worse for semi-skilled British workers, because not all UK citizens are going to belong to the "professional classes".

Don't blame the migrants themselves.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Kipper..i did suffer as the jobs i was applying for were offered at very low levels of salaries due to the large migrant worker population locally who are like it or not willing to work for a lot less.

Employers know this and are taking advantage of the situation, probably more so now.Theoretical no, fact yes from my own experience.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Whos having a go at the immigrants coming over to the UK to work in a legitimate job, if they are paying taxes it does not matter if they are sending money home to support their families, they work a lot hard than a lot of lazy arsed Brits, my concern would be the amount of people claiming asylum and entering illegally and not dealt with appropriately, i.e repatriated to whence they came. There are a lot of people entering saying they have come to learn the language in bogus language schools for instance, also how a lot of foreign nationals are being housed over and above British family's already on the housing lists.

If that makes me a bigot so be it.

hora
    Free Member

He shouldnt have apologised. He should have shown his balls. Not Ed Balls either..

Woody
    Free Member

Big Bloke is right and it's a common scenario. I was talking to a tradesman a few weeks ago who had worked for the same firm for 20 years and was made redundant in favour of foreign workers who had been there for 1 or 2 years. They were paid the same rate but apparently the employer saves on National Insurance contributions.

I wasn't aware of this 'employer benefit', does anyone know if it's true ?

El-bent
    Free Member

Big Bloke is right and it's a common scenario. I was talking to a tradesman a few weeks ago who had worked for the same firm for 20 years and was made redundant in favour of foreign workers who had been there for 1 or 2 years. They were paid the same rate but apparently the employer saves on National Insurance contributions.

I wasn't aware of this 'employer benefit', does anyone know if it's true ?

Never heard of it, but it does show how p*ss poor our employment laws are.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sounds like b*llox.

kimbers

the service jobs in my institute have been gradually taken over by young polish workers replacing the local english 'salt of the eart' cockneys; cleaning, stores, waste emptying etc

and you know what the waste collections are made earlier, the bog roll never runs out and the mysterious disappearing laptop phenomenon in stores has completely stopped

kimbers

no flippinhecker it makes you a gullible fool, who believes all the hysterical drivel you read in the press/ bnp flyers

Woody
    Free Member

Sounds like b*llox.

In what way? The guy seemed genuine, or are you talking about the way he was treated by his employer?

Tiger6791

you might even get some french people coming on this very forum…

whereas I respect those foreign types with their fancy food and funny voices and arty culture

If they come on this forum trying to tell me the difference between a marathon and enduro I would have to say Oi! Juanny foreigner no! Bien que je respecte votre capacité de manger des escargots et des grenouilles si vous essayez et dites-moi marathon est enduro et enduro est marathon alors je dois dire non!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oi! Juanny foreigner no!

Genuine PMSL moment! 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

>In what way?

This bit:-

"They were paid the same rate but apparently the employer saves on National Insurance contributions."

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I like Eastern Europeans. They're amuzing and the women have really sexy accents and asses.

Woody
    Free Member

That's what the guy had been told and he had no reason to lie to me.

So do you actually know if this 'reduced' NI exists and I still don't know if you are referring to the guy talking bollox or his former employer?

will
    Free Member

Ok so I fail! Quite a bad fail. People should lable the threads better for me! :rolls:

westkipper
    Free Member

Woody, the thing is, Bigbloke gave me an example of where he feels he'd been disadvantaged, and while its not certain, I s'pose its possible.
    So much of this is like your example though, y'know 'a mate told me such and such' -second hand rumour.
    I mean, I've met people who 'know someone' who claim to have been caught up in 9/11 or fought in 'nam etc…

Woody
    Free Member

I see your point, the amount of people who 'knew or worked for The Krays' when I was in London always amused me, but neither of those examples above fit into that category as both BigDummy and the guy I spoke to were affected first hand.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Gordon Brown Fail’ is closed to new replies.