Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • GoPros
  • matther01
    Free Member

Have some money from Xmas and wondering if they’re worth it? Thought it would be good for mtbing as well as for using it with my kids on holiday in the pool/sea.

Was looking at the gopro 4 silver, so any experience of one would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

mjsmke

I got a hero 3+ for christmas and used it today for the first time. Used it with a chest mount and very impressed with the quality. Easy to set up and the chest mount is very comfortable. Even while wearing a camel back over the top. Can’t wait for some fast dry trails now.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Love mine and use it loads.
    Great for sports but also family stuff. Was out sledging today, lots of fun.

To get the most out of it be prepared that you need some decent storage and a good PC, put time in to organising footage and edit into vidoes or else it just mounts up unwatched. Be brutal with edits too, short and snappy for sharing.
    I also keep stuff to watch unedited for myself only, good for self coaching.
    If that sounds like hassle then I’d probably say don’t bother. Otherwise, get creative and enjoy it!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat but was looking at the silver+ 3 as it had the wifi for the phone app, it was £200 on various sites but everywhere has sold out.

Now looking at the 4 silver but not sure I can justify the £280 for what I’d use it for.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Lots of the brains on the older editions are long gone. Not had much time with the Hero 4 silver but the black is great. I already have a LCD screen so like the option of not to use it, if that makes sense.

I’ve tried to use mine more as a normal point and shoot over the last few months and it works pretty well.

Loads of GoPro stuff on my site – http://www.unsponsored.co.uk/press/?cat=27

spacemonkey

Personally I would check out this recent thread on the SJ4000.

A very capable piece of kit for peanuts. I paid something like £80 for a UK warehoused wi-fi unit + spare batt then sourced a nice 32Gb card + reader + chesty mount for about £50 elsewhere. V happy.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Anyone have any memory card suggestions for the gopros?

Found a 32gb Sandisk as suggested by gopro locally for £30.

DaveP

One son has Go Pro 3+ hero black other son has SJ4000.
    Although there is a slightly better (well, different) quality to the Go Pro picture it is not 6 times better!

I would say buy an SJ4000 with every mount possible.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a 4 sliver, great bit of kit apart from the battery life on WiFi so I might get an extra battery for it. Only shooting 1080 but edited the last couple of videos on a 4 year old i3 laptop with 8gb ram so a massive pc is not that important.

robdob
    Free Member

Here’s a question – can you link one to an iPad to edit videos on something like iMovie?

jam-bo

Yes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘GoPros’ is closed to new replies.