Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • GoPro Wifi BacPac
  • unsponsored
    Free Member

My GoPro Wifi BacPac arrived today. Lots of pics and a bit of info – http://www.unsponsored.co.uk

faz083
    Free Member

am I missing something? why would you want wifi on a gopro?

and why would a wifi bacpac come with a random remote?

Flaperon

So you don’t have to look at the camera to start filming. Or if you’re like me, you tend to put the camera somewhere inconvenient and like to be able to control it without climbing up to it.

Future firmware updates will allow an iphone etc to view the content and work as a viewfinder. Going to pick one up next time I’m in the USA.

faz083
    Free Member

^that is fine, but doesn’t answer why you would want wifi? And then why bundle the wifi with a remote? It seems random – they are unrelated?

Northwind

Stick it up a tree, turn it on. Otherwise you end up with lots of 5 minute long videos of nothing. It’s obviously no asset if you use it just as a worn camera but a lot of people shoot static as well

(also I reckon it’ll be great for cars- I imagine Ken Block’s people got fed up switching on all 30 gopros seperately!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

^that is fine, but doesn’t answer why you would want wifi? And then why bundle the wifi with a remote? It seems random – they are unrelated?

For when it’s mounted somewhere hard to get to, like tree or outside of a car. Use the wifi to confirm the shot and bundle the lot together using wifi rather than blue tooth for control. simple really

adi66
    Free Member

LOVIN That Bam Margeria Video on your site UNSUPPORTED. Crazy stuff.

unsponsored
    Free Member

From the few test runs I reckon the wifi range is pretty good. There is a very slight delay but nothing in it.

http://www.unsponsored.co.uk

faz083
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of wifi being used as a transmitter for a remote control… What’s wrong with IR?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

IR has limited range, needs line of sight and range is affected by bright light.

WiFi may be a misleading term due to its association with the Internet, it really just means radio frequency. Radio remotes are commonly used on garage doors, gates and car keys so reasonable common.

simon_g

IR needs line of sight, or something to bounce off. No feedback either that your command has actually worked, unless you have another IR transmitter in the device and a receiver in the remote.

These will be a godsend for people who like to stick them up trees, on the sides of cars, pretty much anywhere that isn’t a bike or helmet. I like that you get a copy of the info display on the remote so you can change settings without needing to grab the camera. Once they get the smartphone apps out for video preview it’ll be awesome. Likewise for the more serious users, controlling up to 50 cameras at a time is fantastic.

unsponsored
    Free Member

The bluetooth symbol is shown briefly on the bacpac display which looks like another possibility that is coming soon.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hmm. That looks bloody useful!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Wifi BacPac’ is closed to new replies.