Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • goose..what do i do?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

got one coming for chrimbo dinner..any novel ideas on its preparation?? 😆

scaredypants

take it to bed or lose it forever

wideload
    Free Member

Avoid the jet wash and the following flat spin or it will all end in tears……

colournoise

Roast it like a big duck and don’t expect to get a lot meat off it.

Alternatively. Joint it, confit the legs then shred/press and chill with some of the fat mixed in/slice/breadcrumb/fry them. Pan fry the breasts pink and serve thickly sliced. Could also then take off the skin from the breasts, salt it and roast between two baking trays for some goose ‘crackling’. Roast the carcass then use it for stock to make the gravy with.

slainte 😀 rob

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

A few glasses of champagne should get it in the mood, then what scaredypants says.

Northwind

Scaredypants- I salute you.

samuri
    Free Member

Very good mr pants.

Coyote
    Free Member

Check out Hugh Fearnley Whatisname for goose recipes.

youngrob

You won’t get a lot of meat from it, but you will get a ton of fat. The year I had it for Christmas, I had to do a pork joint to go with it. It was really good though.

DickBarton

Eject, eject, eject!!!

princessalbert
    Free Member
    bobbyatwork
    Free Member

thanks…good ideas and usual entertainment/tripe…where do you find a picture of a goose in bondage gear?? wtf? the internet is a scary place sometimes

i reckon theyre will be a bit of meat as it’ll feed 8-10 apparently..ill check out hugh,jamies coming up blank too..

saleem
    Free Member

A goose normally serves 4-6 people but no more than that, I’ve confit leg on the menu at work at the moment, mire cost effective than than a whole bird, you might want to look at getting those instead.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

As Coyote says, take a gander at Hugh Fearnley Whatisname for goose recipes.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Whatever you do (err cooking I mean), collect the ton of fat that will render off it and you’ll have luuurveley roast tatties for the rest of the year.

matthewjb
    Free Member

i reckon theyre will be a bit of meat as it’ll feed 8-10 apparently

This sounds optimistic.

The times I’ve had goose we needed two birds to feed 10.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Top tip, make sure the size of bird you buy will fit in your oven – we got a massive one a few years ago, had to carve it up before cooking.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

thats what the butcher said…only gotta feed five.roasties ont menu anyhow…good tips ta

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘goose..what do i do?’ is closed to new replies.