Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Google Chromebook help with music please
  • judy-rockshox
    Free Member

I had a Acer Chromebook for Christmas but cant find out how to play wma files. Help please if you know what to do otherwise it’s going back to Dixons tomorrow 👿

AdamW
    Free Member

WMA is Microsoft-proprietary. Chrome doesn’t play them AFAIK.

If you convert to MP3 they’ll play. If they’re encrypted then you’re stuck with windows.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Chromebookforum is a good port of call for any queries.

clubber
    Free Member

being as it’s. a chromebook, Id suggest looking into Play (Google) Music

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

Still not getting anywhere with this. Ive downloaded 3 items from Google Play store today and none work with this GRRRR!!!! If I cant sort it out I will ask Dixons and if necessary, change it for something else.

So far, there’s nothing on this Chromebook than I can’t do with my phone so I feel quite disappointed with it 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

what were you expecting it to do that.your phone can’t?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Have you tried fileminx?

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

Thanks all! Looks like i’ve sorted it out. I have added Google play music app & its uploading most of the music from my iPod so it doesn’t seem to mind these files but the wma files don’t work. I can live with that.

what were you expecting it to do that.your phone can’t?

That was my first thought

sadexpunk

am i getting mixed up, or isnt the chromebook one of those jobbies with no hard drive, everythings stored online?

tinribz
    Free Member

Try BSPlayer.

muggomagic

I had the same problem years ago when i had most of my music stored on windows media player then i got an ipod for christmas and had to convert everything to put it on itunes. Just do a search for WMA to mp3 converter and you should be able to find some free software to download that will convert those files.

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

Yeah I guess it doesn’t do a lot more than my smartphone but I can compile documents while I am travelling, Which I do a lot, and I can watch videos, BBC/ITV player and catch up with stuff I miss when I am working late shifts. It has a full keyboard and nice size screen which fits into my luggage without being too heavy. It’s not as good as a laptop but the compact size appeals to me and I do have a very good desktop PC here at home. Thank you all for the help.
    Happy New Year to you all! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Google Chromebook help with music please’ is closed to new replies.