Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Good weekend? ohhhhh yes :D
  • cinnamon_girl

Torminalis – I appreciate what you are saying but bearing in mind it will be December and could be cold, it won’t be much fun standing around pontificating! Just a suggestion.

Rob – liking the sound of that beer. 😀

cinnamon_girl

Humph! My post has disappeared!

Torminalis – appreciate what you are saying but it will be December so just trying to have a plan to avoid folk getting cold whilst us locals pontificate!

Yes, what has happened to Timothius?

Rob – good point about the permit. Liking the idea of beer. 😉

Link to purchase day permit:

https://sslrelay.com/www.mbsawebsite.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154cee931a8d0a9/shopdata/index.shopscript

Torminalis
    Free Member

appreciate what you are saying but it will be December so just trying to have a plan to avoid folk getting cold whilst us locals pontificate!

Fair point, you be mum. 😀

cinnamon_girl

Fair point, you be mum

No, my days as a Mum are long gone! But my organisational/multi-tasking skills remain. 🙄

It’s going to be a fun day. 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

timothius was on a different thread… this one kinda developed into talking about the ride un-intentionly

his was titled something about “OT:getting a life” if i remember correctly

yeah making our way over to labyrinth early in the ride is a good idea, as for group sizes it’d be nice if the numbers were low enough to mess about in one big group, but if it looks like its going to be big when the official phils sexy party ride thread is underway then the need to maybe put a bit of thought into groups will make itself clear 🙂

so far essentials that need to be mentioned:

. date
    . meeting and start time. car parking and warning to get there early to find a space
    . whos coming
    . if anyone wants to lead the ride
    . reminding people to bring their own snacks, drinks, sexlube, bike lube, velour outer-layers, gloves, spares, nightvision, car-keys for the bowl, mobiles etc
    . money for bike pass for the afternoon, or booking online in advance
    . plans for beers afterwards
    . during ride alcohol and smoking rules
    . riding at the pace of the slowest rider, faster people agree to wait at the top of the next hill or at the next junction, or accept they’re prob going to get separated from the group

…. and any other suggestions that come along.

i’m looking forward to this 😀 remember kids, off-road all-terrain biking is a dangerous sport and you might get hurt… dont blame me… blame Yeti.

Torminalis
    Free Member

timothius was on a different thread

Well, hope we see him nonetheless, I am pretty confident that a nicer and more laid back bunch you could not hope to meet.

date

2010-12-05 : 11:30ish

during ride alcohol and smoking rules

1 hit on the hip flask, 1 bong: every 30 minutes.

if anyone wants to lead the ride

I propose we have an unleaded ride. Bah, what the hell, I can consult on the route for a very reasonable fee.

phils sexy party ride thread is underway

OMFG, I am so excited!!!

whos coming

Nearly

No, my days as a Mum are long gone!

Groovy, I’ll be mum. 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

dont blame me… blame Yeti!

Yes, it’s important to have a disclaimer.

TSY (not even responsible enough to own plants)

cinnamon_girl

So … TSY … are you joining us?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i think in regards to drinking it’ll be something along the lines of: some people like to have a sneaky snifter of alcohol, or even fill their drinks bottle with beer, if so and they end up drunk to the point of being “not awesome” then the group reserves the right to play “bush-push” with then… (if you’re going to drink, just dont take it to far)

in regards to smoking:
    some people smoke normal cigarettes, if so please make an effort to smoke away from the larger group and dont grab the nearest child of innocent animal to blow your smoke in the face of… equally non-smokers must make an effort to not pull condescending faces and make smokers feel awkward.

in regards to smoking funny smelling cigarettes/torminalis’ bong:
    away from the group…. if you get caught by rangers and told off… well thats nothing to do with the non-smokers. but its your choice and i’m not going to start telling people what they can and cant do.

anybody taking speed will be too far ahead from the group to care about 😆

Torminalis
    Free Member

I really don’t think we really need to worry about people getting mashed on a bike ride. After last night I am never drinking again. 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeah i didnt think i’d need to tell people to be considerate, long winded way of saying that people will do what they want, but in the spirit of a super-welcoming-ride if people do want to smoke/drink/turn up naked then i’d respectfully ask that people are considerate of those that might be put out by it, and for non-smokers to not make the poor nicotine starved feel guilty 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Nicely put phil. 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Thinking as long as it’s not too cold, shall try to make this… Will bring the GF too most likely…

So maybe see you all there!

philconsequence
    Free Member

sounds good mboy 🙂 more than welcome!

emma82
    Free Member

I wanna come <throws toys from pram and sulks in heap on the floor> but three hrs driving is just too far for me 🙁 Sounds fun though 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

OK

all info is now on:
    THIS THREAD

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Good weekend? ohhhhh yes :D’ is closed to new replies.