Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good place to stay in WInchester the night before the Randonnee?
  • timnwild

Hi – need to bunk down somewhere cheap but comfy in WInchester night of the 24th July, then get up at 5 to get to registration. ANyone got a tip? Other than staying at home with a fry-up and the papers, that is.

ta

grievoustim
    Free Member

hmmm

when I was signed up to do this a few years ago I left sorting out a room late – and there were none left, at all (and I hadn't left it as late as you)

in the end it was cancelled due to weather that year – but I had arranged for a lift on the day instead

perhaps see if a kind soul on here might put you up for the night?

Biffer
    Free Member

When I did it a few years back I stayed in the youth hostel that has since closed down. Had a really bad night's sleep and it made me wonder why I bothered ! Reckoned it would have been easier to stay at home getting a good nights sleep in my own bed and then get up early and drive down in the morning.

I think cheap accomodation in that area is few and far between – sorry !

timnwild

Well, I wasn't going to ask, but since you put it like that – anyone want to put up a couple of blokes doing the Randonnee for the first time Friday 24th? More than happy to pay for bed and board.

Thanks

cinnamon_girl

Is a 45 minute motorway drive too far away for you? Have secure bike storage. E-mail in profile.

cinnamon_girl

Actually more like 35 minutes as it will be a Saturday.

woodsman
    Free Member

I stayed at a nice place in the centre, when I did it a few years ago. I'll have a look back through my emails see if I can find the details.

woodsman
    Free Member

Yep, here you are Mrs B Bret, St Margarets area (1 miles from the start) tel: 01962 861450

Lummox

no good this year, but for future reference there is a holiday inn being finished off next to intech science park in winchester just off the percy hobbs roundabout.

timnwild

Got a room in the end, but thanks for all your help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good place to stay in WInchester the night before the Randonnee?’ is closed to new replies.