Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good Chalets in Morzine??
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

Been to Morzine a couple of times before (in 2005/2006) and thinking of going back next year. Done self catering apartment one year and fully catered chalet the other year. Liking the fully catered chalet option for next summer.

So please give some recommendations for a nice, full board, chalet fairly central in Morzine. Something nice with proper bike facilities/storage and close enough to town centre for easy walking to beer 🙂

Also, what are the lift opening/closing times for the season now? July and August are all covered by lifts arnt they?

cheers

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

think more mountain are fully catered, and very good (the guys who run it are very nice anyway)

and the lifts open fully on the weekend of the portes du soleil in late june

AndyPaice
    Free Member

cheers

Last time I was there a lift pass for the area was about 70E for 13 days. Do they still do a Portes du Soleil area pass and any ideas how much a weeks pass is now?

Wibble89
    Free Member
    AndyPaice
    Free Member

Thanks Wibble, they’ve gone up a bit since I was last there!

So how many companys operate chalets out of Morzine? Any names/websites to read up on?? Recommendations from people who’ve stayed with them would be appreaciated

bazzer
    Free Member

Can’t recommend Flow MTB enough. Been with them a few times and always been happy with the quality of the accommodation and the food. It also helps that Sara and Guy who run it are really nice people too.

Bazzer

stevemtb
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Flow. Had a great holiday when I stayed with them, very helpful too if you have any bike problems.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Cheers Bazzer + Steve for the kind words.

We’ve got two catered chalets this summer. Both run by couples who’ve ridden and worked here for ages. They know the score – where to ride & mark up your maps for you etc. Both places have got workshops on site – and the owners (me + Sara) also run the best bike shop in Morzine*

The lifts are fully open from June 24th to Sept 5th this year – so you can get to Champery for the world champs by bike – or just ride your bike later in the year!

flowmtb / Torico Morzine

* we think so anyway 🙂

steveh

I’ve always used le sherpa/jolly good mountain adventures when I’ve needed a place to stay. Very flexible with periods, dates et and a bar on site. Food is great and it’s only a short walk/roll in to town.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

sherpa is also a really nice bar… with an interesting toilet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good Chalets in Morzine??’ is closed to new replies.