Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Good casual leather boots ? Red Wing Timberland ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Looking for a tough leather casual boot not brogues.
    What’s good
    Red Wing Timberland any others ?

GJP
    Free Member

RM Williams

wrecker
    Free Member

My red wings are far higher quality than any timberland boot I’ve ever owned. But they are quite expensive. Lovely things.

saleem
    Free Member

I’ve had both red wings and timberlands, one thing I’d say is my timberlands were still going strong after 18 years until the other day, £62.50 to have new soles and they’ll be good again.

johndoh
    Free Member

I got some Levi ones from TK Maxx – £140 down to £19.00

Must have been an error but I was quite happy.

captain-slow
    Free Member

I have these and love them

skechers sergent £45

spectabilis
    Free Member

Very pleased with my DVS Yodelers

tommid
    Free Member

I have a pair of the Timberland earth keepers, with a recycled sole. They are the best boots I have ever had.
    Fairly pricey,but I have an older pair that I have had for over ten years, so really only £15 a year.

samuri
    Free Member

I bought some boots from M&S about 10 years ago. They were, I suppose, fashion boots but I’ve used them for working and walking as well as looking cool.

Fantastic they are.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Red Wings are lovely and the quality is clearly evident. I’ve owned their moc toe and chukka boots, however they take a fair bit of breaking in. The other downsides are the soles which are useless on snow, and they’re not properly waterproof.

Timberland’s 6″ boots are waterproof, insulated, and the soles grip well in snow, so a better winter option. Their earth keepers are nice too, however the soles on the version I owned weren’t as grippy as the classic 6″ Timberland’s and I found they wore down fairly quickly.

Timberland also have a higher end brand called Abington which are really nice, they’re made with high end vintage leathers and cost around the same as Red Wings, although again they’re not all waterproof and not as good in the snow (if that matters to you). Owned a few pairs of these, although always got them for around half price in the Xmas sales.

If you want a really nice pair of boots, (and have deep pockets) Yuketen are meant to be great.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Red or Dead that are really soft leather and very comfortable. Also got two pairs of Fat Face, one pair in leather the other in a canvass type material. Again both very comfortable but at half the price of Red or Dead.

I wear Next brogue boots for work and they are dead comfy too. About £60.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Tough leather casual boot.
    I mend most of them for a living.
    Redwing cost about the most out of all, quality of build is excellent.
    Timberland more fashion rather than function in my opinion, quality of materials in upper not a patch on Redwing.
    Fracap are very nice too.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Cheaney. I fancy a pair of the fur lined ones.

bruk

I swear by Blundstones 550s.

On 3rd pair. Spend all day on my feet most days and they are really comfy. Pretty waterproof and good grip. Last well as well. Still have 1st pair and they are so comfy. Just abrasive floor at work has worn toes to point the are too scruffy to wear for work anymore.

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks some good suggestions to go at.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Magnum boots. Or Danner if you can spend a bit more.

Mind, recommending boots is pretty pointless unless you’ve tried them on yourself. We have no idea what your feet are like.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Good casual leather boots ? Red Wing Timberland ?’ is closed to new replies.