Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good campsites near Blackpool
  • piemann
    Free Member

Anybody know of a good campsite near Blackpool (“the Las Vegas of the North West”, apparently)?

Ta,

Pie 😉

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

my GF lives near there. she can’t think of anywhere i’m afraid. she said transport out of the town is pretty shit there too, so getting to a campsite by non-car means might be difficult too.

MartynS

might be near Lytham/Fleetwood but they are a bit of a distance.. lots of caravan parks though…

snowslave

There’s some sort of campsite near the M55 exit before the end of the motorway.

I’d look at somewhere near Garstang which is edge of Trough of Bowland and drive in. It’s not far from there.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

the camp site we used to stay at, at the junction before the M55 ends recently switched to Caravans only.. as have alot in the area. Last time i camped in Blackpool was at a Camping and Caravan certified location (ie someone with a bit of land which can have up to 5 units staying at any one times)

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

this is the site we stayed at: here

might be worth calling and seeing if you can stay, supposed to be Camping and Caravan club members only, but i think non members where staying as well.

avdave2

Seatown camp-site just outside Charmouth in Devon. Very nice and as close as I’d take a tent to Blackpool.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Stay somewhere in the Lakes. That is about as close to Blackpool as I’d like to be anyway.

😉

Muke
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

May I ask why you want to camp in Blackpool?
    I can see the tower from my house (thankfully that its 23 miles away)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good campsites near Blackpool’ is closed to new replies.