Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • good Barbour or Belstaff dealer in Dales or Lakes?
  • ton

can anyone tell me if there is a good barbour or belstaff dealer in the dales or lakes.

looking for a coat for my good lady.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ton, not sure if you ever come up my way, but there is a factory shop at the Barbour Factory in South Shields.

ton

cheers mate, might have to have a drive up if she dont get sorted at the weekend.

RustySpanner

Gilsan in Richmond & Leyburn are stockists.
    Proper outdoor shops.

One in Skipton too, opposite end of the main drag to the church, can’t remember the name though.

user-removed
    Free Member

Belstaff stuff is just stupid money these days. Barbour is still reasonably sensibly priced.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Belstaff stuff is just stupid money these days. Barbour is still reasonably sensibly priced.

IMO both are stupid money (compared to what us hardened motorcycle trials riders ‘used’ to pay)
    I remember standing a Belsaff jacket up one freezing day after a Weardale MC trial in February 1979ish!

FFJA
    Free Member

Mrs FFJA got hers from Sam Turners in Northallerton on offer.. John Norris in Penrith is often worth a look too, loads of that sort of thing there and do regular sales/promotions.

user-removed
    Free Member

About 10 years back I found my dad’s ancient Belstaff full length waxed jacket hanging in a cupboard. Looked like the things the AA motorbike guys wore in vintage adverts.

Stuck it on ebay and some Japanese lad bought it for £600. Gobsmacked. He also paid about £60 postage!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

http://www.johnnorris.co.uk

Judging by the amount of Range rovers, ferraris, porches etc parked out side John norris is the place, theres a sale on too

martinhutch

http://kenvarey.co.uk/

Is the Skipton one.

Never been in myself, so I don’t know how good their range is.

EDIT: It’s not the one mentioned above – that closed a year or so back. This one’s only been open for a couple of years.

RustySpanner

Ta, Martin, didn’t know they’d closed.

And just out of interest, if you want a UK made jacket, it’ll say so on the black inner label.

If it doesn’t, it’ll be made elsewhere.
    There’s usually a little tag in the pocket, hidden away, stating the country of manufacture for the non UK stuff.

AFAIK, the Bedale, Beaufort & Border are still mostly made here (but not exclusively), most of the other stuff is now made abroad.

DO NOT trust the customer service people at the outlet or Barbour head office, who might just tell you that all the waxed jackets are UK made – they aren’t.

chestrockwell

Ken Varey is on Skipton High Street now, moved from one shop to the other. I think WCF in Skipton also stock what you’re after.

shredder
    Free Member

Not sure if they sell Barbour but a nice shop .
    The Sporting Lodge

chestrockwell

Been told by our lass that Rackhams on Skipton High Street also stock ’em.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘good Barbour or Belstaff dealer in Dales or Lakes?’ is closed to new replies.