Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Golf course water drainage – can they "dump" water?
  • StirlingCrispin

A local golf course has installed a drainage system that results in water draining from the golf course through a submerged 6″ pipe which then surfaces and terminates, with water simply running out onto the ground.

As I see it, the golf course is dumping water onto the edge of their land, and then expecting their neighbours to deal with it: the area below is turning into a boggy quagmire.

I am almost certain the golf course should not be doing this.
    Am I right? (reference to relevant Scottish legislation appreciated)

Yes – I have spoken to the council access officer but they are being obtuse, denying knowledge of the problem and pointing out that water drains downhill.
    Cheers!

druidh
    Free Member

Try SEPA?

scaredypants

try paraquat ?
    or

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or scottish water?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I wonder how much water they use to kept thier greens during the summer?

scaredypants

this ?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Just fill the end of the pipe with expanding foam filler

druidh
    Free Member

Have you considered that the “neighbour” might be quite happy with the arrangement? I’d have thought that the adjacent land owner was the most important party in this.

mustard
    Free Member

As Druidh says; SEPA Stirling Office 01786 452595 one of the local officers will be able to help you I’m sure.

stevew
    Free Member

Loving the quick crete option…

Agree with druidh, the recieving landowner may have consented and be happy with this. In Scottish law – and increasingly English and Welsh – sustainable drainage solutions should be sourght as a first resort, piping the water onto adjacent land in an agreed manner will manage the flows through infiltration. The increased boggyness would be of amenity and wildlife benefit – but this would need to be carefully managed.

All, of course, if designed like this and working as agreed and expected, SEPA should eb able to confirm if such an approach has been developed.

konagirl
    Free Member

In England and Wales it would come under something like the Land Drainage Act but I don’t know the Scottish equivalent sorry. The EA would deal with the case, but it would probably consitute a civil case between the land owner of the land the water is draining into against the golf course owner. So assuming parallels, SEPA is your first port of call, as above.

globalti
    Free Member

Go and wee in their holes. At least your wee will be clean by the time it comes out of that pipe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Golf course water drainage – can they "dump" water?’ is closed to new replies.