Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Go-Pro advice required please
  • dadandlad
    Free Member

My son has just bought a go-pro and we are having a nightmare of a time with it can anyone advise please
    The unit came with a 4GB class 4 sd card and after recording for 1-2 mins locks up and flashing red recording light goes to a solid red and unable to turn camera off without removing battery.
    Try 4GB transcend from my compact works fine.
    Goes to town buys 16 GB Transcend card locks up
    Goes to town gets money back
    Tries 8GB class 6 extreme card at jessops locks up
    Goes to dedicated camera shop tries 8GB class 6 Silicon power demo card works fine
    Purchases new 8GB class 6 Silicon power card gets it home trys it and locks up
    Any advice greatly appreciated as he travels to Les-Gets on Friday.
    Just as a after thought the shop he purchased from is a online shop only open from 3pm – 12pm and nearly impossible to get in touch with,will not name and shame just yet but can see it coming to that

superdan

I have the pre-HD version, and that spits its dummy out if the card is not properly wiped before use (try formatting it, to FAT?32? rather than anything else (NTFS)).

hugor
    Free Member

Never had that problem – sounds like the camera unit is stuffed rather than the card to me. I’ve used mine fine with a reg Sandisc sdhc card and the GoPro ones that you buy from crc.

dadandlad
    Free Member

Cheers chaps
    Not being up on formatting,do i do it with the go-pro or with my pc

hugor
    Free Member

I would format it with the GoPro. If you check the quickstart instructions it tells you how to do it

MisterCrud
    Free Member

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/gopro-hero-faq.html

I have found this site very helpful. Really sounds like yr camera is at fault, as mine works flawlessly with any card. One tip…stop the camera with the top button before turning it off with the front button, otherwise you will wipe the last session.

dadandlad
    Free Member

Hmm just formatted the card with the go-pro and still the same problem

hugor
    Free Member

Good luck with your online retailer!! I think your camera is faulty.

One tip…stop the camera with the top button before turning it off with the front button, otherwise you will wipe the last session.

I wondered about that but mine doesnt lose the data. I still use the shutter button though anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Go-Pro advice required please’ is closed to new replies.