Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Glove advice
  • jbig
    Free Member

Having gone round the LBSs I cannot find a glove to match my needs so thought I'd ask here for any advice.

I'm actually after some mitts which will probably be used more on road than off.

The problem is I really can't get on with the padded gel palms that every road glove seems to have. My MTB gloves (v. old tatty Fox) are great and have very minimal padding, just a thicker layer of leather in some areas, but I can't find the right mitts to replicate this for summer commuting and touring.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Chop the fingers off some normal gloves?

neninja
    Free Member

Thor motocross gloves have no padding on the palms and are incredibly comfortable.

The Thor Flux has a mesh back to keep your hands cool.

MisterT

try 661 gloves. they have simple palms, no silly gel pads.

for roadie mits without pads, try Assos or Castelli.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I just got two MORE pairs of these from the CRC sale:

No pads – just a bit of reinforcement 🙂

drain

The Giro Rivet is great, very lightweight, no padding. I'm getting a second pair I like them so much, so that I don't wear them out as quickly!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I found that the padding in my Spesh Enduro gloves made them uncomfortable when using wide bars, but I switched to Sombrio Prodigys and I rate them very highly, especially in the warmer months.

jbig
    Free Member

Thanks all. Some good choices to have a look at now, although I may have to take a punt without trying on as haven't seen any of these in bike shops around me. Anything to keep my fairy soft hands!

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Knog?

Think they have minimal or pretty much no padding, just a double layer to protect against wear…I think. (anyone confirm?)

jond
    Free Member

My (similarly discounted) Troy Lee XCs have just arrived from CRC – white tho', which may not sound like a great idea but at least drivers might spot 'em (and me) a little easier. Seem pretty decent – wouldn't minda double layer on the palm, but it's mostly for use on a recumbent so it's not like they'll get much grief anyway.
    FWIW I've used my old Sidewinders all-year round, not so thick that they're too hot in the summer, not so thin that they're too cold for much of the winter.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I use Fox Incline's on the road bike.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Glove advice’ is closed to new replies.