Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Glentress and Inners on a rigid 29er – FFS ?
  • crazy-legs

DickBarton, have you fallen for the marketing trap that says cars are better than horses for getting places on roads?

Nothing to do with better or worse. Sure, cars are more efficient most of the time but both do basically the same job.
    Same with bikes – you can get round Glentress and Innerleithen on a full rigid without too many problems. Some parts will be slower, you may ache a bit more afterwards but it's doable and to some people that's the fun of it.

will
    Free Member

Pfftt. I ride down The Beast in derbushire on a SS CX bike. Any trail centre is do-able on any bike. I also took the CX bike to CYB and did the MBR, and also did Penmachno on it. All of which was great fun!

robdob
    Free Member

Dark Peak on a fully rigid 21" Emmelle Cortina with plastic cantilever brakes, no problem. (I normally ride a 16"!!! – didn't know any better at 12 years old.

Calderdale on a fully rigid steel bike many times.

Pennine bridleway on my road bike with 23mm slicks on ice.

Anythngs possible on pretty much any bike (not sure about dirt jumps on a recumbent but I am pretty sure someone will now post a pic of some loon trying exactly that)

rolfharris
    Free Member

Ye gads, what a bunch of morons.

Ride what you like, but riding a rigid bike with funny wheels then shouting about it on t'internets does not make you more attractive to girls.

coogan
    Free Member

Everyone knows you can't ride GT without a fullfacer, pressure suit and pads all over the place.

ton

superstar_opponents – Member
    Ye gads, what a bunch of morons.

Ride what you like, but riding a rigid bike with funny wheels then shouting about it on t'internets does not make you more attractive to girls.

luke, wanna bet mate….
    riding my 29r made me a right fanny magnet 😉

rolfharris
    Free Member

As in lady fanny, or the sort of fanny that rides a rigid SS 😉

(That'd include me in that 2nd category, big boy!)

TooTall
    Free Member

superstar_opponents – Member

You might want to try it – I hear your sex life doesn't include anyone else in the room these days!

rolfharris
    Free Member

TT- I was more refering to this lot who can ride downhill tracks on their CX bikes.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Glentress and Inners on a rigid 29er – FFS ?’ is closed to new replies.