Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • glentress red
  • scuff321
    Free Member

Is the red fully open now , some sections closed just after skills park ,riding it tomorrow but only time to do red

grey

Pretty much all of the bottom was closed on Sunday, luckly we headed down Motorway on the Blue and back up to Buzzards for BBB, a play in the freeride and back down the blue.

jonba
    Free Member

Was up there on Tuesday and a lot of it seemed shut. It may be possible to do more than I did if you know your way round but the diversion does seem to miss out a fair chunk on the way down.

Seemed like it was the stuff around magic mushroom and pie run and it made the loop very short althogh my memory of the place is sketchy as it all blurrs into one.

THe diversion is hilarious if you like muddy as it was damp when I was there and cut up. Sliding all over the place but enough gradient to keep your speed up.

I think there are better details on the site regarding post numbers etc. I was doing a long ride anyway so wasn’t that bothered about loosing a few km.

ChrisL

As of Saturday:
    Pennels Vennel (first red descent) and the red/blue shared singletrack climb after it are both shut.

Hit Squad Hill (3rd section of the main red descent), Pie Run (optional section following Hit Squad Hill) that skips The Matrix and Lombard Street), Mushroom Pie (same) and most of Magic Mushroom (the one with the little bridges) are shut.

kevin1911

Anyone know what they’re doing? Hope they’re not deforesting that whole area.

ChrisL

Pennel’s Vennel is shut because of the kicking it took in the storms at the start of the year. The Rangers have been busy with other trail work so have not yet been able to schedule time for repairs to it.

I don’t know what the deal with the other closures is.

kevin1911

Cool! I’ve been whinging about Pennel’s Vennel for years. I presume the rain ruts that were already there turned into canyons (not been for a wee while)?

Will need to find something else to whinge about now. Probably the deforestation of the rest 🙂

bigjim

Closures today seemed as per Chris above, lots of felling going on and timber trucks. It is a commercial plantation forest after all 😉

Lots of families out enjoying the place today, great to see!

kevin1911

Yeah, I just hope it’s not left with that nuclear armageddon feel a la Ae

munkyboy
    Free Member

Yep they really gubbed ae, the mega berms and awful dogleg climb are no replacement for the older bits

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘glentress red’ is closed to new replies.