Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glentress
  • algarvebairn
    Free Member

Morning Chaps. Long-time lurker, first time poster here.

Heading to Glentress for the weekend with my boys 7 and 11. I'm very much a novice offroad so was sondering what to expect. What you recommend etc.

Cheers

uplink
    Free Member

Drive up to the Buzzard's Nest car park & have a tootle from there
    Blue & green routes etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Skills loop is worth a look as well – the green I don't know but the blue especially Blue Velvet and electric blue are good.

I would agree with parking at the Buzzards – the top car park. Do the skills and the two bits of blue mentioned. If its all going well follow the blue all the way to the bottom and enjoy the cafe then either all of you can climb back to the car or you can leave the kids at the bottom while you climb back tot he car. The climb is easy as well.

http://www.thehubintheforest.co.uk/Downloads/7stanesglentressinnerleithen.pdf

Trekster

The climb is easy as well.

For

my boys 7 and 11

doubt it ❗
    Plenty adults I know struggle

Ae forest probably has the best beginners/kid friendly blue/green imo

fybot
    Free Member

I found myself in a similar position this summer … 2 of my own boys, a couple of their mates and an enthusiastic but inexperienced father. Pretty much as above:

Drop in at the cafe to fuel everyone if necessary
    Drive up to Buzzard's Nest
    Roll down to the Green
    Take in the Skills Loop as you return to BN
    Re-fuel everyone
    Have a play in the freeride area (toughest part was dragging the other father away from this, he's determined to ride the box next time)
    Ride up the Blue until they start to flag
    Find next short-cut to Blue return
    Let them whoop and holler all the way back down to the cafe
    Re-fuel everyone

This went down well with everyone … except that yours truly then had to hoof it back up to BN for the car which, to be fair, was the first time I broke a sweat all day.

If you don't break anyone first time out, it will be that much easier to repeat the exercise.

Have a great day out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glentress’ is closed to new replies.