Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Glencoe… an inconvenient truth.
  • nigelb001
    Free Member

I’ll see your badger and raise you a Beaver.

Aw go on say it!

jekkyl

Nice beaver!? looks good eating, wonder what beaver tastes like? anyone ever eaten beaver?

Markie
    Free Member

anyone ever eaten beaver?

We all have:

“If you’re eating vanilla, strawberry or raspberry ice-cream, you may just be eating beaver’s anal and urine secretions. Castoreum, which comes from the castor sacs of male and female beavers, is an FDA-approved food additive popular in ice-creams, and allowed to be called “natural flavouring”, meaning you probably don’t know that you are eating it.”

unknown
    Free Member

Good grief that was boring! I may have dozed off for a while around the middle, did we ever get to the bottom of the menacing saab driver?

drofluf
    Free Member

Good grief that was boring! I may have dozed off for a while around the middle, did we ever get to the bottom of the menacing saab driver?

No before we got to bottoms we got sidetracked into eating beaver.

HTH

wrecker
    Free Member

How about a nice hedgehog.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Never thought I’d say It but beaver piss is lovely. More beaver piss please.

ianv
    Free Member

Beavers, Badgers, Hedgehogs pah, a good bike park needs plenty of these:

Marmot orcieres by ianvincent, on Flickr

wwaswas

Well, if I’m going to travel any distance I’d want dinosaurs. I won’t go more than 100 miles unless there’s a T-Rex in it for me.

scotroutes

That’s the problem with mountain bikers today – they won’t go anywhere unless there’s a guarantee of spotting extinct species. In my day, we’d wander all over the place armed with only a dodgy map torn from a Collins pocket diary and a magnetised needle on a string in order to find them.

iain1775
    Free Member

6 pages and no one has asked what forks for Glencoe?
    Post all the badgers you like, you lot have failed me

aracer
    Free Member

Forks?! We haven’t even established what tyres yet.

jekkyl

What tyres for a half built, washed out, driven over by an ATV dh track?

bruneep

Baby Giraffe

wrecker
    Free Member

GIRAFFE

nigelb001
    Free Member

Giraffe needs a shorter neck and wider ears.

Dead grass needs cutting.

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

OK, moving on, this may be of help in the future 😉 … meetings where everyone is involved would doubtless help create a cohesive team and ensure unrealistic promises weren’t made:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZafQmt8xFo0[/video]

br
    Free Member

Let’s at least add a positive picture, the view from the little crag 10 mins ride past the top of the chairlift:

wrecker
    Free Member

Not sure if you’re aware but there’s no animals in that picture, b r. Just wanted to point that out.

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Nice shot 🙂 There is a great deal of beauty and potential, so better to make use of that than consign it to a story of what could’ve been…

More pics from last year (pre digger) here

billyboy
    Free Member

That’s a nice photo “b r”….. a Ti 456 that hasn’t broken yet?

br
    Free Member

That’s a nice photo “b r”….. a Ti 456 that hasn’t broken yet?

Yep. 🙂

jekkyl

br that is an awesome piccy, if that were mine I’d be having that on the wall.

meldrum44
    Free Member

Some feedback from the SDA riders on the Glencoe red track. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scottish-Downhill-Association-SDA/150563698323753

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment 😆

Also many thanks to the volunteers who’ve repaired damage~ let’s hope this has been a wake up call and more care is taken in the future…

Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Glencoe… an inconvenient truth.’ is closed to new replies.