Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Glen Kendrum
  • matt_outandabout

Having re-ridden it for the first time in a year, and in the opposite direction, I have decided it is the ideal ‘intro to proper gert big hills’ riding – easy nav, big climbs but not too big (@50mins), and proper rocky / twisty / bumpy / nearly in the river if you over cook it / river crossings / middle of nowhere ride…

Lovely purple heather down each side today as well 8)

Ignore the 6hrs – MM is set up for walking.

birky
    Free Member

Been meaning to do that. Seeing as you’ve done it both directions, which is better?

matt_outandabout

South->North = better climb and steeper descent, with more to catch you out and nice easy return to Killin.
    North->South = bugger of a climb, longer and rockier descent, long pedal home to Killin

13thfloormonk

I’d been trying to tag this onto a ride for ages too, thanks for the info!

Steve_B

I have done this a few times – beautiful glen. Wondered about the S-N climb as I have always done N-S – linked to Kirkton Glen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26693195@N03/sets/72157605268160139/show/

Suspect the descent of Kirkton might be a bit boggy at the moment tho and the sustrans route gives a good all weather alternative.

Descending Kendrum by steverb_11, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Nice pics and day for it.

Kirkton South->North rocks, even in bog 8)

The next glen over (Monaycle) also has mini quad track / landrover tracks, but is gert boggy. Midsummer leaving a DofE group camp, it was a blast….

birky
    Free Member

Did the route today, south to north starting from Lochearnhead 🙂

matt_outandabout

Ace, you can nearly see me in the background there – we were having a BBQ at a mates in Balqhidder…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Glen Kendrum’ is closed to new replies.