Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Glen Clova route advise – anyone ridden the 'Glittering Skellies'?
  • marionheck
    Free Member

One for the people living in the NE of Scotland.

has anyone been up or down the ‘Jocks Path’ in Glen Doll?

I was up around that area on Wednesday night and noticed the descent back down the north side of Cairn Damff through the ‘Glittering Skellies’ and the down the forest and super cool looking rocky access road of Bachnagairn.

I have walked down the jocks road a long time ago, and can’t really remember it, was wondering how much is rideable. I don’t mind a push or carry, just not the whole way. anyone been up it or down it able to shine some light on it, also any one done the descent?

Cheers

Dave

lazybike
    Free Member

try here….

marionheck
    Free Member

Lazy bike – great stuff , all the info i need is there!

cheers

Dave

lazybike
    Free Member

no worries…great part of the world, let us know how you get on.

mactheknife

Marion, also worth doing the Loch Muick route from Glen Doll. A few hike-a-bike bits but 2 absolute amazing descents to put a smile on your face.

marionheck
    Free Member

mactheknife – that is where I was on wednesday night when I saw it. agree with your thoughts on the descents, they are awesome!

mactheknife

Excellent, did the route a couple of weeks back for the first time and ill be heading up again this week for a bit of exploring as there is so many trails and tracks up that way. And 40 minutes from my door. Love it 😀

marionheck
    Free Member

where are you then mactheknife? i am just outside aberdeen.

rugbydick

Was with Marion / Dave on Wednesday:
    A fair bit of hike-a-bike, but very much worth it for the 2 descents down Capel Mounth and Corrie Chash.

I’m just glad that he chose not to dive into the waterfall at Bachnagairn, as peer pressure and manly manliness would have meant that the rest of us would have had to follow him in…

Sanny
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jocks-road-what-are-you-waiting-for

All you need to know. Really nice techy-ish descent. makes for a lovely short sharp blast.

Sanny
    Free Member

Doh!

Just realised someone had posted that already.

I loved it as a wee route. There is sooo much good stuff up there to ride.

mactheknife

Just outside Dundee so i head to Glen Doll and head from there 😀

stuartm555
    Free Member

Did this route a few years ago … a lot of hike a bike up out of glen callater but the descent down jocks road was amazing!

route by Stuart Marshall, on Flickr

rugbydick

Stuart
    Did you do that route anti-clockwise? How long did it take you?

stuartm555
    Free Member

Sorry just noticed the question …yes anti clockwise. We did it over 2 days and stayed at callater bothy but the 2nd day was short

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Glen Clova route advise – anyone ridden the 'Glittering Skellies'?’ is closed to new replies.