Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • After all these years of commuting by bike, I've finally doen it…
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

…I forgot my pants.

drofluf
    Free Member

Welcome the club!

I usually manage to forget once a month….

Alex

Been there, forgotten those: http://pickled-hedgehog.com/?p=39

Never done it since, but there’s always a frisson of excitement when opening the commuting bag….

maxray
    Free Member

🙂 forgetting your top or trousers can be more of a faff, spending the day in sweaty kit is a fail!

molgrips
    Free Member

I did it once in 1998 on my first job – wore my lycra shorts all day. A little constricting it was.

Never done it since tho – touch wood 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

lol. How’s that commando working out for you today?

TheBrick
    Free Member

bag with spare emergency kit is a must if you regularly commute to the same site.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol

mcmoonter
    Free Member

touch wood

Ooo err

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve done it a few times. Either gone commando or worn my cycling shorts, depending on the temperature. It can feel either liberating or constricting depending on my choice.

takisawa2

Always keep spares in the drawer.
    Watch coleagues recoil in horror when looking for the stapler.

Alex

Always keep spares in the drawer.
    Watch coleagues recoil in horror when looking for the stapler.

Surely just nail them to the H&S board 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Just enjoy the breeze and smile knowingly to yourself all day. 😉

neil853
    Free Member

Forgetting trousers is worse. I had to walk into M&S (nearest place) at 0930 one day as I had a meeting and couldn’t do it in my endura tights 😯

miketually
    Free Member

I got to work today, locked up my bike and then realised that my bag was still leaning against the wall by the back door at home.

But, I just ride in normal clothes anyway, so it’s not a biggie. It meant that I got to do 7.5 miles this morning, instead of 2.5, to save me from having to beg cash for lunch.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Decided to go Commando. Feeling quite liberating actually. Just have to be extra careful when I go for a pee I guess.

resisted
    Free Member

I always keep a spare pair in my desk “just in case”, bet the HR lady doesn’t go in that drawer anymore!

just like falling off an junctions whilst still clipped in, you’ll only ever do it once, but you can guarantee you will do it once!

radoggair
    Free Member

guess i was the lucky one with my commute. Had 5 days worth of uniform left there always, all my toiletries, shoes etc, even cahnges of cycling kit and also since i run hotels and restaurants a choice of hotel rooms to get showered and changed in
    🙂

MentalMickey
    Free Member

How many of you have forgotten pants, then farted and followed through?

ski
    Free Member

lol welcome to the commando club.

First time I forgot and went commando, the pretty 21 female who works accross from me, laughed & mentioned that she was commando too! 😯

That was a long day at work, I can tell you 😉

Harry_the_Spider

How many of you have forgotten pants, then farted and followed through?

I can honestly say that I haven’t.

I forgot my trousers once and had to spend the day wearing dirty overalls that had been fermenting in a filing cabinet for a couple of years. I won’t do that again.

Onzadog
    Free Member

lol welcome to the commando club.

First time I forgot and went commando, the pretty 21 female who works accross from me, laughed & mentioned that she was commando too!

That was a long hard day at work, I can tell you

FTFY

Stu_N

No belt today.

A lunchtime shopping mission beckons…

Alex

for more pies Stu? That’d sort the problem out for you 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

couple of weeks back i forgot socks/pants

commando i can cope with, but you need socks between suit trousers and smart shoes, i did try the barefoot option but it just looks too bad – wearing my cycling socks wasnt nice feeling tbh.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Forgotten underpants once and a shirt another time. Going pantless was fine, quite liberating, forgotten shirt meant a root about in the engineer uniform box for a polo shirt. Luckily there was a brand new polo shirt I’m my size, was a frightening experience though.

Stu_N

Alex, nope, no lateral thinking applied. I bought a new belt. £15 for a strip of leather with a fairly basic buckle.

For that money I could have gone to Greggs and lined up 30 scotch pies, that would have ensured my trousers stayed up too and be much more pleasant.

The advantage of city centre office is that shopping is no bother and I am unlikely to ened to do the office equivalent of “forgotten PE kit” lucky dip.

Militant_biker

I have several pairs of casual shorts I bought at work because I had forgotten to bring shorts/trousers along. Ditto t-shirts. And socks, but through the unexpected-downpour-leading-to-sodden-feet events.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘After all these years of commuting by bike, I've finally doen it…’ is closed to new replies.