Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Glen ample…any good.??
  • markyboy
    Free Member

thinking of trying the glen ample route this weekend.callander up to loch earn and back down the cycle path at loch lubnic.is it any good?….are there any alternative routes back.

druidh
    Free Member

Apparently, the Glen Ample track has been completely “ruined” with a fast, new forestry track through it.

matt_outandabout

^this, but I have heard that some is washed away by our floods in the last year. Not been up there in 12 months mind…

dh
    Free Member

Your better doing matts lochearnhead to killin and back route tbh. Nice wee route that

Garry_Lager

Nice route but nothing exciting when I did it about 4 yrs back. If it’s been smoothened since then it’ll be really sedate. Good country round there though.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member
    Brake-neck
    Free Member

I’m doing the Kendrum route tomorrow but leaving from/returning to Callander, probs leaving about 12-13:00

matt_outandabout

How did you get on?

markyboy
    Free Member

Did glen ample today.Nice day out dont think ill rush back but enjoyed it all the same.The cycle path back is boring.When we got to the forestry commision cabins we followed the stank glen route up the back of ben ledi and back down..that was cracking!

ill try that other one next time didnt see it last night.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Think I might have saw you Markyboy, with one other? Was walking down the back of Ben ledi and saw two guys on bikes get to the end of the path then head down by the stank river.

Was recceing Ben ledi for a future bike trip 🙂

markyboy
    Free Member

Yes that would have been us.nice wee run back down from the top.is it possible to get the bikes up and over Ben ledi from where you saw us.we thought about giving it a go but legs were shot by that point.

househusband

It is possible to get up and over Ben Ledi but, in my opinion, you’re better off just riding up into Stank Glen as you did and finding all the wee gems of singletrack there and heading back toward Callander. Ben Venue is also fun in places.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

From where you were, it would be hike-a-bike for 400m of ascent to the summit. From there, it would be a lovely techy descent all the way back to the car park. looked amazing!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Glen ample…any good.??’ is closed to new replies.