Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Glasgow potholes (a photographic rant)
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I was through in Glasgow at the weekend, potholes there were terrible, much more damage than in Fife, volume of traffic probbers.

stucol
    Free Member

Parkhouse Road on the southside is going to cause an accident with folk swerving to miss holes along its whole length. Pardon the pun.

We cyclists are at least in the fortunate position when driving of being much more tuned in to pothole recognition and avoidance.

It is noticable that when you head down towards the Clyde coast the roads are less knackered. Still bad but nothing like Glasgow. This may be down to being a milder climate down that way or better maintenance. Who can say ?

Oh and the old A77 cycle route is completely covered in gravel/grit. Was going to phone East Ren council and request it be swept but realistically it may as well wait till spring so the gritting is over.

iainc

total nightmare with potholes and drivers pulling out.

jeez, I kept trying to knock you off and never managed it either 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Stucol I usually email my local mp to get the a77 path swept. Hasn’t been done since last spring and even then it wasn’t done very well. He gave me a number to call to get it done but with all the cuts I can’t see it being done now. The recent bevy rain has cleared it a fair bit. Would still be worth giving the council a call though.

Shak47

The East End is horrendous at the moment, shettleston road is full of bomb holes, worst I have seen in Glasgow. They would swallow a horse.
    Been like that for the past 3 weeks that I have been commuting along it.

Quite like jumping onto the bumper of buses and chasing them up the street but thats off for the moment due to a couple of near misses with the pits of death, dont normally wear a helmet on the commute, my choice, but suspect that may change in the near future,the roads are so bad.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I saw four road repair lorries parked up next to my pothole hell commute road this morning and all the potholes marked with yellow paint.
    I’m expecting great things this evening!!
    Mind you last time, they carefully marked and numbered all the places where the road was falling to bits and then just forgot about it.

BoardinBob

They’ve tried to fill one in yesterday under the new M74 flyover at Eglinton St.

It’s a pothole again already…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow potholes (a photographic rant)’ is closed to new replies.