Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Glasgow riders – any news on Cathkin progress over last month ?
  • Johnbot
    Free Member

No none iain. There is a new sign / bill board type thing at the main carark. I don’t remember seeing a plan or map on it though. It is all one way and easy to follow though. At one place it crosses its self

Monster101

Was up on the 2nd, trail is excellent! Especially when you go in the right direction.

Cathkin Map

BrickMan

MIght have a go this weekend, or even join on the GMBC ride but think I have soemthing else on already this wednesday :s

iainc

trails seem to be pretty much finished – a few of us riding at 9 am on Sunday, weather permitting

seosamh77
    Free Member

this finished, excellent, head up tomorrow I think!

iainc

AFAIK there are some wee bits to be tidyied up, and some stone required here and there, but given that it will be dry and frosty it should be good.

theupsetter
    Free Member

Was up this morning for a very quick blast.
    all done and looking good.

Waderider
    Free Member

Bit confused with preceeding posts, been up regularly and trails are not finished. Plenty still to be done as per todays visit.

althepal

Waderider- Cathrin braes mtb fb page seems to suggest its all doable..

theupsetter
    Free Member

still a few bits to get a top cover but thats it from what I understand

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Maybe they are due to fill in all the gaps and make it all nice and smooth 🙂 An inch of tarmac too.

iainc

nearly done today

iainc

it took us a wee while to work out how the 2 climbs and 2 descents at the radio mast work, eventually realising that some of the criss-crossing trails are blue options. First time there for a few months and mighty impressed – a mini trail centre 5 mins drive from home 😆

did a few laps, lots of riders, felt friendly, trails riding nicely – hats of to the guys who were working on the dual slalom and shouted ‘keep left’ as they had plant working on the right side – possibly not in accordance with their RAMS but all good 😛

the swoopy section through the woods is the Jewel IMO

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Superb Iain. Nae mare Mugdock mud!.

althepal

Looks good!

iainc

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/45564_419741568096757_341458284_n.jpg[/img]

I kinda stopped at the easy bits to take pics, so unfortunately no pics of the more techy stuff…..this time 😛

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Superb Iain. Nae mare Mugdock mud!.

Greg – it was a braw wee ride 😆 Unfortunately pooped my back getting camera out of bag, so doped up on anti-inflamms and Grouse here 😛 …better ease off for Velo Accred 3 on Sat….

federalski
    Free Member

Thanks for the pics.
    Some more would be brilliant.
    May have to head over for a wee shot soon..

iainc

federalski – only took a few pics today, but it’s worth a visit if you are semi local. It really does ride like a mini GT, and being fully weatherproof will be a great alternative to Mugdock etc. The Dual Slalom is going to get some casualties tho…

althepal

Must get up there before the inevitable H+S sanitisation!

althepal

Must get up there before the inevitable H+S sanitisation!

collydug
    Free Member

Hahaha, dual slalom casualty here, major off after landing last jump onto patch of ice that I had noticed on walk up – duh

youtube ala gopro

walk up

and off

collydug
    Free Member

BTW, rode 90% of the course and it is shaping up to be good, as for the ned problem, come the spring/summer they will be well outnumbered by mtb’ers and will go elsewhere. This trail and the proposed trail centre in the church is just what is needed and WILL be used. Spoken to Colin Hislop (FB cathkin braes mountain track guy) a few times and he is keen for support so lets get on board.

theupsetter
    Free Member

http://www.cathkinbraesmtb.com – just spent the last two hours making this website.
    The plan is to develop a web app that will let users post their planned rides around Cathkin from mobile phones, computers and those tablet things

It’s very very rough but you should get the idea from the meet UP page.

Good idea or NOT – what do you all think?

althepal

Basic but fulfills its role..good effort.
    Liked the link to the freeflowbikes blog.

richmtb

Was there on Saturday. Covered in snow but good fun. Better than Carron Valley.

Will be interesting to see what the start section will actually look like as there was still some construction going on.

Just need to persuade the dog walkers not to walk up the dual slalom and maybe stick an arrow or two in so people don’t ride it the wrong way

theupsetter
    Free Member

anyone fancy a wee blast around cathkin tomorrow night?
    Cathkin Braes – Thursday 31st Jan | 5.30

http://cathkinbraesmtb.com/meetup.html

BoardinBob

Rode it on Sunday. Nice wee trail. Enough features to make it interesting. Nothing difficult at all but its 15 minutes away from me and will provide some weatherproof riding all year round

theupsetter
    Free Member

any one fancy cathkin on tuesday evening at 9pm?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Just back after a wee lap, so twice I’ve been up now, snowy both times but a cracking wee course I think, went flying on the dual slalom today. Still a good wee bit of work to be done as far as i could make out with the snow cover, but the bulk of it it is there, agree although very short, it is better than carron valley.

Ideal for my purposes of getting back into it, barely been on the bike since august.

debaser

Was over this morning. Short, sweet, snowy fun and we may even have ridden some in the right direction 🙂

I’m closer to the Tweed Valley trails so it won’t be too regular a trip for me, but it’s great to see some purpose built trails near to a big centre of population and I’ll certainly be back for a play again once it’s all finished.

swan0mighty
    Free Member

was there on saturday morning and no sign of any snow

stucol
    Free Member

4 of us there this morning. My first time and i have to say i enjoyed it. Apart from one crash that is. Looks like it will be very well used, must have been 50-60 folk there despite snow and very damp conditions in places.

Nice flow to it in places though no one managed the steep climb just before the very end of the trees.

Will be even better once the last section up from the car park is done.

One thing is that the car park was completely full at 10am. Think an extension may be required before summer evening rides kick in.

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow riders – any news on Cathkin progress over last month ?’ is closed to new replies.