Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gisburn Forest
  • Finchie85
    Free Member

Going to be up there around lunch time tomorrow if anyone is keen? Driving up from Oxford so times might be a little sketchy.

ruminant
    Free Member

bloody hell what time you starting out?

Takes two and half from chesterfield

wish I was going up, kids would be a bit miffed if I did though 🙂

Finchie85
    Free Member

I'll be starting out at about 8 – 9 ish so should be there around 1 – 2 depending on the traffic. Going up to Lakes for weekend so wanted to try it out on the way up.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It's been pretty dry for weeks, so the destroyed bits should be reasonable.

BenjiM

I'm planning to be there myself for around 1pm or 2pm. Leaving work early as a little celebration for finishing a BRC Audit 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

i went there wen we had those dull dark skies and it was hail-stoning and in parts – glupy mud ! you shud be flying round the trails then ! no excuses…will be bone dry.

Finchie85
    Free Member

I should be there for around that time, will be riding a Specialized Pitch Pro, keep an eye out as i'll be more than happy to ride with others. I'm hoping it will be bone dry and really quick….

elaineanne
    Free Member

are those huge berms open now (after they were resurfaced recently ?

stumpyjon

Thgey should be open, there was a temporary surface due to laid early this week to get them reopenned. Not sure whether it went down or not though.

BenjiM

I should be there for around that time, will be riding a Specialized Pitch Pro, keep an eye out as i'll be more than happy to ride with others. I'm hoping it will be bone dry and really quick….

I'll be on a Viper RC 1.0 mish mash

thefallguy
    Free Member

Don't miss the lunch stop at the Dog and Partridge, top hospitality in there & free bike wash too 😆

DaveGti
    Free Member

I'll be there a bit earlier doin the north loop.

might catch you on my way out.

I'll be on the lapierre spicy doin a final shakedown before the dalby dare.

BenjiM

I'll be in a heap at the bottom of the slab somewhere. Yes, top nosh at the D&P too which is probably the best place to park BUT if you don't know the trail locations you may struggle to find the best place to start.

stumpyjon

BLT baguette and homemade chips mmmmm

Bregante

Mmmm indeed stumpy. had one of them big old BLT's t'other day with about half a pound of spuds on the side. Unbelivable scoff for the money

stumpyjon

Try the flapjacks, 15 square yards of flapjack for £ 1.95 😯

BenjiM

Met a fella up at Gisburn near the slab had a nice chat with him and promised to post a couple of pics I took as he was coming down the trail. Nice to meet you 🙂 Seems like a lot of the surfacing sand has dissapeared in the last few weeks with all the dry weather too!

Finchie85
    Free Member

I did make it up there, but was a little later than i first thought due to a little bit of traffic. Was very impressed though for an English trail centre, been thought out well and there are some nice little sections. Quite like the slab section, reminds me a little of the rock shoot at McMoab. Shame the rollercoaster section was closed, would have liked to try that. Maybe next time though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest’ is closed to new replies.