Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gisburn – Biker friendly pubs for post ride grub
  • craig24
    Free Member

Any recommendations? Off there on Sunday and wouldn’t mind a good bit of pub grub after our ride.

whitestone
    Free Member

The one in Tosside? Can’t remember the name but it’s on the edge of the forest. Other than that it depends where you are heading, the Maypole in Long Preston does decent grub, don’t about the pubs heading Clitheroe way.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Food was very good at Dog & Partridge but it wasn’t open last time I was over that way (a good while ago)

craig24
    Free Member

Clitheroe direction, I’ll give the Dog & Partridge a go. Cheers!

Bregante

What Ecky-Thump said. Top nosh at the Dog and Partridge and a bike wash round the back when we went (admittedly some years ago). It’d be a shame if it was no longer open.

craig24
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll give the Dog and Partridge a whirl then.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I really would check by ringing ahead, they open limited hours this time of year in my experience.

carlosg
    Free Member

Whenever we ride Gisburn we park at the Dog and Partridge , the road at the side joins the Gisburn figure 8 at about the point where it crosses. It also means you can have a little play on the Hope line at the start or end of the ride.

chestrockwell

As above, worth starting at the D&P as you can blast the Hope Line a few times and I find the fire road run up to it gets the blood pumping. Don’t think the bike wash is working at the pub atm but they are very accommodating to bikers. Is the bike shop there still open?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Dog and partridge is weekend only at the moment, not sure of exact hours. Slaidburn also has a decent pub (Hark to Bounty) or you could go a little further to newton by bowland for something a bit more pretentious with very dodgy service (the twice we’ve been there). You could do worse than head into Settle for a wide range of options. BTW there is a proper car park in tosside just a few yards down the unclassified road off to the south from the main B road, they have an honesty box which you can ignore if you’re really tight.

craig24
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Think I’ll park at the Dog & Partridge for a change and see if it’s open when we finish. If not I might head into Settle. Cheers!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn – Biker friendly pubs for post ride grub’ is closed to new replies.