Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Giro Switchblade equivalent for the Mrs?
  • flossie
    Free Member

I was out riding with Mrs Flossie (AKA VickyPea) doing some pretty technical downhills, and she commented that she wishes she had a full face helmet for stuff like that.
    (She’s getting on a bit, but her looks haven’t quite faded to a point where she’s not bothered!)(I’ll be in the dog house when she reads this!)
    My Question, does anyone know if there is a helmet on the market like the old Giro Swichblade, so essentially an XC hat but with a protective bar across the front?

vickypea
    Free Member

Two things to note:
    I’m younger than him!
    I ride a HT, so the riding position makes me feel like I’m going to tip over the bars if it’s steep, even if I get my weight back.

tomhoward

The trouble with the xc style lids with an extra removable chin guard is that, generally, the guards aren’t that strong so they tend to break in a big crash, putting sharp bits into your face. Sort of worst of both worlds. Go full face, with a proper chin guard, designed for the job, or don’t. Don’t compromise.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Have a look at Casco Vipers.

Me and most of my riding buddies wear them when in the Alps etc.

They are also very comfy and have loads of airflow over the top of your head.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Giro Switchblade equivalent for the Mrs?’ is closed to new replies.