• This topic has 52 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Girls who ride.
  • LoulaBella
    Free Member

Anyone know of any girls only riding groups in Hampshire? If not, anyone up for starting one?

twang
    Free Member

Sexist
    Edit; 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

hi

whereabouts in hants?

I'm up for stalking one

😉

rOcKeTdOg

they'll be a few at the BigBikeBash on the 22nd

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Plenty of ladies rides run by Tunnel Hill Trolls in the Farnborough area. Might be the wrong end of the county for you though, from what's in your profile.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I live in sunny Southsea/Portsmouth! So South Hants, im going to big bike bash rocketdog, some networking will be done!
    Sorry for being sexist, I ride with some lovely men (dont crucify me for saying this) but they are a tad competative sometimes, eeeeekkk. I have only been mtbing for a little bit and as yet have met no fellow girlies to ride with. My bloke friends are ace though and have been very encouraging, like shoving me down the Sierra Nevadas in Spain and bought me beer afterwards because I didnt cry, bless.

cinnamon_girl

Why not join in with the STW Forum Rides that take place all over the country including the South?

I was the only girl riding in a group of 9 yesterday – they were perfect gentlemen and even lifted my bike over several stiles for me 8)

They're all mouth and no trousers on here …
    Scarpers away quickly!

LoulaBella
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl I also find blokes are good for lifting my bike etc, its good to see that chivalry still exists. I dont find it offensive like some ladies, thats a whole new thread though,lol.
    Do STW forum rides just get posted as and when taking place? I have so far just gone out riding with friends, I still feel a bit of a newbie and would worry about my level of riding, what do you think?

cinnamon_girl

LoulaBella – it's really finding a ride that's pitched for what you want. It's a great way of being shown around trails by local riders.

For example, on Sunday there's a Mendips ride and there will be a good turnout for that. Yesterday was Wiltshire, last week was Basingstoke (!), there's also been the Quantocks, Exmoor, Purbecks, another Wiltshire ride, Swinley Forest, Chilterns etc etc!!

The organisor will normally state the distance, type of terrain etc and will be happy to answer questions on suitability. Nobody will get left behind.

I would also agree with offthebrakes recommendation – the Tunnel Hill Trolls have a ladies section and they are a really nice bunch of girls. They sometimes ride in other parts of the South too.

This forum can seem quite a terrifying place but I have met so many nice people, both male and female, and the riding has been brilliant 8)

Hope this helps!

29erKeith
    Free Member

there are a number of ladies who ride with http://www.newforce.org.uk
    Thursday evening rides, New Forest and Winchester and weekend rides in and around hampshire too

knottie8
    Free Member

you find that with STW group rides that once you've been to one it opens you up to smaller closed group rides aswell. There have been plenty of group invite only rides sorted on here. There plenty of pics of group rides here with people I met on this forum.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Newforce looks ace, will def check it out, and love the ride pics knottie8. Im excited about the Big Bike Bash, first time I will have been to something like it. Riding has just opened up a new world to me and some ace people. STW world forum has been so helpful, especially a few weeks ago when I posted about sorting out a special needs bike for my autistic son.
    All my friends think its really bizarre that I have started to go out getting cuts/bruises/muddy and talking about bike components. At 26 with 2 kids its the best thing I have ever done to give my life a kick up the backside. Im just keen now to get out more!

rOcKeTdOg

i go on exclusive invite only rides, trouble is i only invite myself and then struggle with the pace and terrain, if only i'd told myself beforehand what the route would be 😕

bumley
    Free Member

There use to be some nice singletrack in Hundred Acres Forest, been a few years since i've ridden there, but next time i'm home to see the folks (in Fareham)we can go check it out if u want?

RepacK
    Free Member

All mouth & no trousers – sounds perfect, whens that ride occuring?.. 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Hundred Acres sounds good! Just drop me an email if your coming down south and we will get out for a ride, cheers x

samuri
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl I also find blokes are good for lifting my bike etc, its good to see that chivalry still exists.

Do you want us to treat you like equals or not? Lift your own bloody bike over. 😉

S8Tom
    Free Member

http://www.questadventure.co.uk/index.asp?pageID=102
    Not too far from you and very friendly. Usually a large group catering for all abilities.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

hey samuri, I dont want to be treated like an equal all the time, my bike is sooooo heavy(pouts and flutters eye lashes).

samuri
    Free Member

oh hang on,. let me get that for you.

DAMN!!

hora
    Free Member

We need a pics thread

LoulaBella
    Free Member

now lift my bike!!!!

Thanks!
    Is that a good photo story?

mcboo
    Free Member

There is something wrong with this thread. Almost a page long and you no-one is arguing.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I know, I thought the sexist arguments would be a cert.

woodsman
    Free Member

Hey, I think all you hampshire locals ought to do a STW Isle of Wight ride!? I think that'd be ace, after my first bike trip there during last week. Didn't know where to ride but thought the place had amazing potential!!

hint hint 🙂

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Thats a great idea, my man has done some IOW rides and says the cake and tea stops are amazing. Well lets do it! Anyone up for a ride in say September/October?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If a ride could be organised then i'd be up for it. Have no knowledge of IOW myself but i'm sure someone on here will. A new thread detailing the ride might be an idea?

Gilles

well I look around Fareham on my map and I can't find something called Hundred Acres wood. Where is it? My work place is based in Fareham but I never thought to bring my bike to explore around that place.

ChrisE
    Free Member

is your photographer freind a dwarf?

C

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I am the 50ft woman 🙂

ChrisE
    Free Member

good god, what sort of stiles do you need a hand with your bike over then….

Olly
    Free Member

good legs loulabella 🙂

i look forward to many pictures of the band of biking beauties in thier lycra 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Riding bikes = lovely legs 🙂

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Just posted new thread about Isle of Wight ride, check it out if your up for it!

Zipgirl
    Free Member

Don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but http://www.shecycles.net will be worth a look. Next beginner ride is currently scheduled for 6th Sept (if I remember rightly).

fozzybear
    Free Member

LoulaBella
    Riding bikes = lovely legs

could you advise my lovely lady of this then please!

her leg's look like DH'rs all scar'd n battered.. LoL biker chick to the 'max'

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

Gilles –

well I look around Fareham on my map and I can't find something called Hundred Acres wood. Where is it? My work place is based in Fareham but I never thought to bring my bike to explore around that place.

just north of the b2177 (southwick rd) where it passes through north boarhunt. Hundred acres wood is the back end of the bere forest and contains lots of nice tracks. -Fareham Local 🙂

timwillows
    Free Member

Hundred acres has lots of good tracks, but best to avoid weekends as the best stuff is all technically waymarked footpath!

bumley
    Free Member

Should be home end of Sept if thats any good??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Girls who ride.’ is closed to new replies.