Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Girls saddles – recommendations please.
  • grtdkad

New bike on the way for my teenage daughter.

Any recommendations from the female riders on here for a good quality, comfortable saddle please?

edlong
    Free Member

Mrs edlong uses a Specialized one and finds it comfortable – they are (or were) available in different widths to facilitate getting one with the right fit.

Don’t know which one it is sorry, but it won’t be a top of the range one.

z1ppy

wasted some cash getting a WSD saddle for the better half, spent good money having her butt (seat bones) measured @ a Specialized shop and getting a saddle width that suited her. They had a range of saddle she could buy, though we went with the ‘basic’ one, it’s been fine.

JPR
    Free Member

Got my gf a charge ladle which so far seems to have been really comfy.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve always had old version of this on my mtb and what used to be the far cheaper more passed version on my ss road bike. I really like them and the ti railed one is pretty light and unpadded (which I like). Sadly though, the price of the ‘cheaper’ one seems to have gone up loads, since I bought? (Mine was £25, now they seem to be £55?!)

I’ve tried a Charge ladle in the past and didn’t really get on with it (the WTB one is quite a bit narrower), but my friend has one and loves it, so it’s probably worth a shot I’d say as they’re a decent weight and not spongy/too padded like many other saddles out there. At the end of the day though, I guess it depends on what erm, ‘fits’ well…

amedias
    Free Member

My Mrs has 2 Specialized Rivas, an old one on her Roadie and a new one on her MTB.

The old one she loves, its a perfect fit and she can ride for hours on it, it was on her MTB for a while too so she knows it works on either bike.

The new one, although still a Riva, and still looking roughly the same shape, is totally different and she can’t stand more than 47 mins on it on either bike, which is really annoying because it took several rides to find that out 🙁

Saddles are such a personal thing you can really only try them and keep going till you find one you get on with.

timidwheeler

I’ve got 4 of these, one on each bike. It is cheap enough to write off if she doesn’t get on with it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/selle-italia-x2-lady-flow-saddle/rp-prod82183

satchm00
    Free Member

Took my other half to a Specialized concept store, they have a bum measuring tool!

Seems happy enough now. 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 of these, one on each bike. It is cheap enough to write off if she doesn’t get on with it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/selle-italia-x2-lady-flow-saddle/rp-prod82183

I’m not sure i could walk in to a shop and ask for a lady flow saddle…

grtdkad

Great help, thanks.

I’ll take a look over the weekend. Any other recommendations?

Bunnyhop

All my saddles are specialized Rivas.
    As always it’s a case of trying some out and maybe getting her seat bones measured.

Edit

bum measuring tool!

T’is the ‘arseometre’.

onewheelgood

Charge ladles are popular with the ladeez around here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Girls saddles – recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.