Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Is Mary Berry in fact Satan?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Because I am sure that I have just seen an advert for her new show in which there were scones.

WITH JAM ON FIRST!

How can such evil hide under such a respectable veneer? How can such sins be broadcast?

Disgusting.

Pook

Blimey flashy, first you reveal you don’t know the rules to mornington crescent, then that you don’t know how to prepare a scone (pron. ‘Sconn’ btw)…. Next you’ll declare how tea is better with milk in the cup first.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Have you been drinking before the match?

[admits to doing it that way too as I am not a big fan of cream]

piemonster

Next you’ll declare how tea is better with milk in the cup first.

I’m already apoplectic.

Bregante

I tend to be guided on these matters by the Corns.

The Corns know where it’s at when it comes to cream teas.

MrOvershoot

Flash as a Celt I would have thought you would have sided with the Cornish!

2010 poll Which county’s method is correct?
    57% Cornwall – jam first and clotted cream on top
    43% Devon – cream first with jam on top

wingnuts

I’m with Flashy all the way on this. And that includes milk first!

zippykona

Tea IS better with milk in first.
    I have converted many people. Milk last gives you a horrible scum on top.
    Disagree all you like but I am right.

wallop

Flashy, you are dead to me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Milk first is how they ousted german spies in the second world war you know.

carlosg
    Free Member

Milk in tea yeuch bloody heathens, tea should be taken black like it is in all the places it’s grown in the world.

Jam first then cream for your scone (as in bone,phone,clone)

deluded
    Free Member

Also, how does one pronounce scone ? – as to rhyme with cone or con?

wiggles
    Free Member

Jam first!

Then the cream on the knife doesn’t get in the jam jar and make it go mouldy.

Also milk first if using a teapot, but I’m not usually that posh.

nicko74

tea should be taken black like it is in all the places it’s grown in the world.

Like India?

Butter first. Mainly because jam doesn’t have the sticky strength – you try smearing butter on top of jam and you just end up with a messy knife. It’s like jam sandwiches – butter then jam!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two words for you – Jam spoon.

Heathens, everywhere.

Karl33to
    Free Member

I’m with nicko74 on this one – it all depends on the consistency of the jam and the cream, the densest and stickiest one on first.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

This exact issue has just been featured on room 101 30 seconds ago.

The jam first then cream way is apparently the Cornish way.

petrieboy

I have converted many people. Milk last gives you a horrible scum on top

Scum on top is because you didn’t use a pot. I bet you mash the teabag with a fork like some ghastly ape from the estate! You disgust me! 😉

Bregante

teabag

Troll, surely.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jam first then cream [ fresh fruit on top – it was blueberries today]

then again I am common – eating homemade scones with fresh blueberries is working class isnt it?]

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Jam first and only clotted cream. The essence of a cream tea is the cream, not the Jam. And after you’ve taken a bite you end up with cream on your top lip to lick up and not sticky jam.

Milk in last of course, milk on a teabag first is just uncivilised and disgusting. If you’re pouring the tea from a teapot, then it doesn’t matter, except its easier to manage tea strength adding milk last. You don’t know how strong the tea is until you’ve poured it so how do you know how much milk to put in. I’d rather drink dishwater than over-milked tea.

kimbers

my workmates boyfriend used to work with her, she was a cast iron bitch apparently

wiggles
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Two words for you – Jam spoon.

Heathens, everywhere.

I’m Welsh, my cutlery knowledge only goes as far as stabby picking up thing, cutting thing and mini shovel.

bearnecessities

Jam first, under shelter if outdoors on a hot summer day, served with a POT of tea using drinking vessels that have saucers.

(and Cornish pasties never have carrot in them)

Etc.

milk on a teabag

*snigger*

andytherocketeer

jam then clotted cream. rhymes with cone. and tea from a pot, MiF not MiL.

matt_outandabout

Scones taste better with coffee.

/end thread

MrOvershoot

wobbliscott – Member

Jam first and only clotted cream. The essence of a cream tea is the cream, not the Jam. And after you’ve taken a bite you end up with cream on your top lip to lick up and not sticky jam.

Milk in last of course, milk on a teabag first is just uncivilised and disgusting. If you’re pouring the tea from a teapot, then it doesn’t matter, except its easier to manage tea strength adding milk last. You don’t know how strong the tea is until you’ve poured it so how do you know how much milk to put in. I’d rather drink dishwater than over-milked tea.

Spot on 🙂

spchantler
    Free Member

who cares? mary berry mmmm nom nom

nicko74

Ah, good call on the cream. Butter is the fallback, if good clotted cream isn’t available. Because bad cream < butter < good cream.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mary Berry – a living legend.
    Scone – rhymes with gone
    Jam before cream. Butter before jam.
    Tea – black

Couldn’t be simpler… 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Her similarity to Satan is fetching, one too many face lifts IMO 😆

lucien

bikebouy – Member
    Her similarity to Satan is fetching, one too many face lifts IMO

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’ve always thought more like Skeletor tbh

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, pure evil. She has a lot to answer for, that woman 👿

muddy@rseguy

To sort out this conundrum: from the ground up its Scone (pronounced either way as I like to court controversy) then jam, then clotted cream, then of course Marmite.

rOcKeTdOg

Milk in last of course, milk on a teabag

teabag?? WTF!!
    milk 1st in tea
    butter 1st on scones,then jam, then cream that way you can pile more cream on

andyl
    Free Member

Crikey, it took 13 replies until someone put the correct answer down!

Butter, jam and then cream on top.

No putting butter on is deluding yourself that your butterless cream tea is healthy! It’s like making a sandwich with no butter – just plain wrong.

funkrodent

zippykona – Member

Tea IS better with milk in first.
    I have converted many people. Milk last gives you a horrible scum on top.
    Disagree all you like but I am right

red rag to a bull that. Milk first dates back to the days when tea was often taken in cups made of very fine bone china (well by the upper classes anyway). The heat of the freshly boiled tea was sometimes sufficient to cause the cups to crack. So some bright spark came up with the idea of putting the milk in first in order to cool the tea, thereby reducing the risk of crackage and tea pouring all over Miss Havisham’s new dress.

Has nought to do with taste and never has. That said, I’m a milk in after man, only because – as pointed out above – the strength of the tea dictates the amount of milk required.

With regard to the OP, as long as it’s a freshly baked scone, with lots of good strawberry jam and nice clotted cream, then the order in which it is applied is irrelevant. It’ll still taste great 😉

matt22
    Free Member

Jam on first, stinks of inexperience Mary. Cream 1st, absolute basics.

athgray
    Free Member

In the absence of clotted cream (I reckon most of us suffer from that), margarine only. Jam is evil. For the record, milk first.

wingnuts

Rocketdog is right to be mortified. Tea is made in a pot with leafs! Bags are for the bodies of people who don’t do it properly!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Is Mary Berry in fact Satan?’ is closed to new replies.