Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • giant road bikes
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

due to injury i am thinking of buying a road bike so i can get some miles in.

is the giant defy any good? if not can anyone tell me where i can get a good cheap road bike.

i will 100 percent not be wearing lyrca

lord
    Free Member

i got 1 of these a while ago paid near 1500 and its ace , this is a bargain price for the spec , cheers
    tcr 0 2011 bike

mboy
    Free Member

Giant’s Defy range are excellent bikes. I bought one earlier this year after searching long and hard for something that suited my needs. I’ve tried many road bikes in the past and never really got on with them, but the Defy really is a gem. It’s probably that it’s subtly more upright than a full on arse up head down position, the frame has been hydroformed in such a way to make it more forgiving, and the 25c tyres that all add up. But to me, an avid mtber of many many years who never got on with road bikes, I love it!

And if not a Defy, well check out the Specialized Allez models for something similar, though IMO not as polished.

And trust me, you will end up wearing Lycra. It just makes sense!

lord
    Free Member

yes i got some lycra , didnt think i would but baggy shorts and 5 tens dont look right

lord
    Free Member

larry if your in lancashire come and have a go if you like

trailmonkey

i bought a defy 3. ridden it loads. about the best £500 i’ve ever spent on a bike

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i am looking at the very cheapest i can get. I don’t want to get second hand as work mate said he thought the ali road bikes suffer from
    stree fatigue.

my local store is pedal on i am going to pop in tomorrow and see if they can help

carbon337
    Free Member

Fairly standard beginner bike around our club. Not the cheapest but good frames apparently. Normally lower spec than say Focus/Canyon but the benefit of being able to buy at LBS and with thatt support etc and a good fit.

Make sure you get something that fits rather than spec. You will end up changing bits anyway.

You will end up in lyrca and be fitter.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Giant defy 3 owner here. Hate the sora shifters (winter/commuter bike so not too excited), but the frame is a good ‘un!!!!

onewheelgood

I tested a Trek, an Allez, and then I asked about a 2011 Defy 1 hidden in the corner with a couple of hundred quid off. Felt really comfy straight away, so I bought it. Haven’t regretted it.

yossarian
    Free Member

Giant tcr alliance owner over here. Very happy with it so far. Done enough miles to get confident on 23 tyres. 105 running kit is all you need

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I truely love my defy advanced!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘giant road bikes’ is closed to new replies.