Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Anthem Sizing?
  • Rainmaker
    Free Member

I was trying out an Anthem X for size yesterday, and I noticed that the large size had very little stand-over but suited me length wise. If I get a medium frame I will be running a 120mm stem. Has anyone else gone with a larger size with reduced standover and how did it work out?

tragically1969
    Free Member

It's a problem with the Giants, have a search, there was a thread a while back about this exact thing.

singletracksurfer

yeah, find myself inbetween sizes. large feels too short/small, but xl too long (and high).

120mm stem will result in being abused by the fashion police (well it is pretty long, especially on a medium sized bike) 😯

Rainmaker
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. To think a dropped top tube like the Trance would avoid it.

rkk01
    Free Member

RM – how tall are you?

I'm 6'3" and ride a 20" Anthem X. The fit is pretty good for most riding, but I've got a lot of seatpost showing and the cockpit feels a tad short compared to my 21" Airborne HT. Overall though, that's no bad thing. The Airborne geometry is long and low, and that bike is minutes faster on climbs – but the Anthem gains with speed and control everywhere else. The Airborne feels properly scary on the descents now.

Also, I previously tried the XL Anthem (not X), and that was comedy gate riding – horrid.

so overall – I'd be more tempted with smaller more chuckable frame size, longer stem (but try stock stem first) and seat right up.

Rainmaker
    Free Member

rKK01- I am a long backed 6ft. hence the long stem on a medium frame. I had a NRS a while back that I ran in medium but that was when I all I did were trails that were very XC

Rainmaker
    Free Member

There is a Giant ad in one of the magazines showing Oli Beckinsale with what looks like a medium frame with a long stem, definitely a lot of seatpost showing. So I might try a medium…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.