Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant Anthem or Superlight.
  • islander

Hoping to get a new frame soon and was going to go for another Anthem, which cant fault to be honest, but quite fancy a Superlight for a bit more individuality. Never ridden a Superlight so cant make a direct comparison other than the reviews it gets. Do fairly general xc and nothing to hardcore. Probably should stick with the Anthem I know.

dickie
    Free Member

If you have Superlight money to spend, try an Anthem Advanced at half price from J E James.
    Superlights OK, Anthem is great, Anthem Advanced is superb!!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

anthem every time.

sslowpace
    Free Member

I've had my carbon Anthem Advanced for just over a year and it has been faultless. It 'only' has 90mm travel at the rear, but i find it spot on. Newer anthems are 100mm of course.

The new anthem x advanced looks very nice indeed for 2.5k. I do prefer the layout of the older design though..

xcstu
    Free Member

Superlight every time for me…

druidh
    Free Member

Blur XCc

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Never ridden a giant (sniggers) but have a superlight which i can't really fault in any way.
    They seem to be getting more popular round our way, very nice handling bikes.

islander

Will just have to give a Superlight a test. End of day both good bikes by all accounts. So many choices out there now.

metalheart
    Free Member

The Anthem is cheaper (£995 for the frame), comes with the rp as stock and looks nicer this year (imho).

Strangely I have previously gone out to buy both of these bikes but wasn't impressed enough to get either when I demoed.

I thought the Superlight rode better on 120mm forks and would have liked to have tried the Anthem likewise.

Both are definitely nice but I'd lean to the Anthem myself.

Coasting
    Free Member

Had both and dont think you can go wrong with either.For me the Superlite had a slight advantage as u could throw a 120m fork on the front which makes it a more versatile bike and also its a lot more mud friendly.Wifes had two Giants and ive been impressed with how little maintenance the bike has needed considering all the pivot points.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem or Superlight.’ is closed to new replies.