Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GIANT ANTHEM 2
  • mentalalex
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one. GIANT ANTHEM 2 2008

what’s good about them ? what’s bad?

show me yours please 😉

Smee
    Free Member

Steep head angle gives it homicidal tendencies.

Goes like greased shit off a teflon shovel though.

mentalalex
    Free Member

LOl 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

Steep head angle gives it homicidal tendencies.

Goes like greased shit off a teflon shovel though.

Possibly the best 2 line appraisal of a bike i’ve ever read 🙂

The 4″ travel Anthem X with a 1 degree slacker head angle has to be a winner!

NZCol

I’d agree, its steep head angle and general geometry means that its quite whippy and sometimes hard work to ride. The X is almost a totally diff bike and the Trance is a pretty reaosnable all rounder but much more relaxing to ride. I’m still amazed at the cost v spec of them ….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

test rode an anthem x

the only limiting factor is how scared you’r prepared to be, uphill its like its doing all the work for you, but your still so out of breath you want to die, it just eggs you on to pedal that little bit faster in a gear hiher, go on just oe more……………

downhill it is very steep, but suprisingly we mannered, i rode it down some very clay’y muddy tracks where tires were going all over the place, and it kept itself going as well as any other bike, despite a lot of oposite lock being applied! Not stable but then i dont like my bikes to do everything themselves.

Only downside is it will not get airborne, no matter how fast you hit lips it never felt safe off the ground.

Quite long, I’m 6ft with short legs s usualy ride medium/large frames and the medium felt more than stretched enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GIANT ANTHEM 2’ is closed to new replies.