Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ghost AMR 2011 question
  • rentachimp
    Free Member

Hi, newbie here.

Been riding for about 2 years and have recently got hold of a 2011 Ghost AMR (5900) second hand.

Unfortunately, as this is my first fully suspended bicycle, I have no idea about how to treat the rear linkage.

The very back pivot point on one side of my linkage is clacking as I ride or move the bike. What can I do to stop it? Is there some sort of perishable part I should replace in that link, or should I be looking at doing the same for all of the pivot points?

Thanks

rentachimp
    Free Member

Anyone?

jimc101
    Free Member

Go to a good LBS, and have them look at the shock bushing, reducers & bearing, all / some may need to be replaced.

rentachimp
    Free Member

Thanks, Jimc101. I like to try my own repairs and maintenance, but this is a job for the professionals, yeah?

bumps
    Free Member

It’s a job for the professionals until you’re comfortable with what to do and have the right tools. As you got it second hand I’d take it to a Ghost dealer so they can properly check the whole bike over for you, while you get a pivot service done.

If you don’t know the bike’s history might be worth getting the shock serviced too – I had one that made a cracking sound at the top of its travel and a service cured it. Your bike shop should be able to send the shock off for servicing at Mojo (if it’s a Fox) or TF Tuned (if it’s a Rockshox). The fork might be worth being serviced at the same time. Once that lot’s done (could be quite expensive but neglecting FS servicing costs more in the long run) it should be silent.

rentachimp
    Free Member

Ok, thanks. Already did a few things to it and they’ve made it even more awesome. Such a nice bike!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ghost AMR 2011 question’ is closed to new replies.