Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Getting rid of old flares
  • thepurist

Clearing out the garage at the weekend I found an old submersible flare gun that I used to carry while diving. Obviously not something to chuck in the bins and as it’s ~20 years old and encrusted with salt I don’t even fancy giving it a go on Nov 5th, so I took it along to my local police station. They said the rules have all changed and they can’t take them any more so I need to phone one of a handful of coastguard sites to make an appointment to hand them over. Now, seeing as the nearest one of these sites is about a 3 hour round trip that’s not exactly a convenient solution, so I thought I’d seek the wisdom and enlightenment of STW to come up with alternatives. Over to you folks!

EDIT – it’s one of these :

Cougar

Fire station maybe?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nov 5th looking like the mos fun option.

RealMan
    Free Member

Fasten it to the ground, string around the trigger, pull from a distance if you’re worried.

And I was really expecting an out of date trouser fashion thread.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was about to say, hang on to them, they’ll be back in fashion again soon enough 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Chuck it in the sea – not the most environmentally friendly thing to do but IMO the best option.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Local chav estate will be able to do something with that, even if its just a case of someone arson about with it (quick nod towards W&G, that line was superb!!!)

Hohum
    Free Member

Stick it on ebay.

j_me
    Free Member

Chuck it in the sea

DONT ! they’ll likely get washed up on the beach FFS.

Coast Guard will take them

oddjob
    Free Member

bury it in the garden

Torminalis
    Free Member

yeah, bury it. Job done.

beamers

Half bury it and then call the bomb squad and tell them that you unearthed it while gardening and you don’t know what it is.

Maybe.

thepurist

Top idea beamers – I could even tell them that I think I saw something similar while I was digging over the veg patch – wonder if they’d turn in some compost while they were at it.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i went to a november fireworks party years ago and one of the guests was a navy clearance diver.he turned up with all sorts of ordnance which was duly let off for the entertainment of the gathered throng…my ears rang for a week! brilliant!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of old flares’ is closed to new replies.