Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting a quotation on a second hand bike for insurance purposes
  • Pook

How do you go about it? feels a bit like asking an LBS to do some work for free.

Also, anyone know the nearest commencal dealer to sheffield? Lex’s in Penistone seems to have closed down.

weeksy

Commencal, …Hmmmm.

Value today or in 2 months when it cracks 😉

An LBS will do it but may charge half an hours labour.

I just took out a policy with the AA, they never asked me to clarify my spearfish at £2500 agreed value, just accepted it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is it stock?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is your policy new for old?

Pook

???

Onzadog
    Free Member

Then insure it for retail. If the worst happens, they give you a new bike to replace your old one.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

???

??

Pook

what do you mean by ‘is it stock?’ dear boy? 😉

weeksy

standard as it came out of the factory.

maccruiskeen

If you’ve got a friendly LBS – what I’ve done in the past is (presuming its a pick and mix / upgraded / frankenbike) is do a breakdown myself of all the bits and their replacement costs as if I was budgeting to buy and build the bike again – then email it to the LBS for them to cut and paste and print onto headed paper.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

/\ this.

When I used to do them, id just work everything out at RRP, the more work you can do to save time for the lbs the better.

DezB
    Free Member

feels a bit like asking an LBS to do some work for free

Wow, careful. I got savaged when I mentioned something like this in the past.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-shop-insurance-quote

DezB
    Free Member

(Blimey, just read my old thread again. Got annoyed again. What a bunch of dicks.)

Move along

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting a quotation on a second hand bike for insurance purposes’ is closed to new replies.