Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Genesis Tarn sizing
  • boardmanfs18

Hi new to this forum, so hi !

I’ve ordered a genesis tarn 20 from Evans in medium and having read the geometry, am a bit worried whether I’ll fit the bike, I’m 5’9 and genesis have said I should be fine but their sizing is “long and low”, has anyone got a tarn and how do you find the sizing ?

boardmanfs18

Oh just for info Evans price matched another U.K. Bike shop (depot) so got it at a good price.

iainc

I am 5ft 10 (short legs) and tested a medium – it is long, but felt pretty good. Couldn’t justify it in the end so didn’t buy…

Kamakazie

They price matched an ex-display?
    Good going!

Only sat on one but I think you’ll be fine on a medium. Everything is going ‘long and low’ these days although the Tarn is even pushing that compared to some.

boardmanfs18

No they price matched a new bike the other shop had in stock, also had 10% though work so was bit of a billy bargain.

Thanks for the comments on size, I guess the advantage through Evans, is that they have the 30day bike return thingy.

Kamakazie

Ah I can only find an ex-display on the site you mentioned so thought they probably just missed that fact.

nimo
    Free Member

I am 5’9″ and ride a Medium Tarn 10. The best bike I have ever had it is a very long and low bike. the long seat posts adds the already compliant rear end. If you don’t love it then its your fault!!!

boardmanfs18

Thanks nimo, did you change the stem at all ? I probably will have to as my reach is not what it used to be !

jag61

Hi Tarn in medium I’m about 5.9′ 31″ leg Looked at the 20 but went for 29 dunno why really anyhow frame about the same I found it a bit long so swapped stem for 30mm/40mm swapped bars from flat to 25mm rise. want to try on one og bars next swept back a bit as still riding with quite straight arms. Not ridden much but enjoyed rides done. enjoy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Tarn sizing’ is closed to new replies.