Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Genesis Altitude 20 anyone?
  • scotabroad

Considering one at the moment and it looks a pretty decent spec bike.

I currently have an 853 PA and the Altitude looks a similar bike if a bit more XC orientated?

Anyone on here had experience of it for XC/ long days out?

Cheers

S

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had an Altitude 30 which I replaced with a Ti version. It was very stable and a lot of fun to ride.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I also had a 30. My "normal" trial center bike is 6' full sus thing and I'd never taken my previous HT anywhere too bumpy as I'm a big tart. But the 30 was very impressive and I ended up using it a lot more than I planned.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I've done almost all of Afan non-stop (W2, Penhydd and July) on an Altitude 30 before. So yeah, great for all day. The Maxle Reba giving it tons of trail swagger to an otherwise nice tidy and fun XC bike.

scotabroad

I'm 6 foot with 34" inside leg, would the 19" be the best fit from you guys experience?

belugabob
    Free Member

I've got an Altitude 00 and it coped perfectly well with a visit to W2 and Pennhyd at Afan. (Admitedly, I'm fairly new to MTB, so don't thrash it much)
    I'm off to do Skyline tomorrow and White's Level on Sunday, so I'll let you know how it goes.

It's a 19 inch frame and I'm just about 6 foot, with a 29 inch inside leg Saddle can go quite a bit higher, but you might want to try a 19 and a 21 for size.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm 6'2", 36" inside leg – i got on fine with the 17"

saddle up to proper height and everything.

brilliant bikes.

Mister-P
    Free Member

6ft 2 on a 17.5"? You must have looked ridiculous. I am 5ft 10 and ride a 17.5"

Jason
    Free Member

I really like mine. I have had it a year or two now, I bought it as a frame only and built it up as a sort of do it all build. I have used it for everything from the trails at Afan, to xc racing, to 12 hour solo enduros, and I also occasionally use it for towing my son about on his trailer bike… It goes up and down hill well and is fairly comfy for long rides.

The overall quality of the frame seems pretty good, and it is priced really well compared to other similar 853 frames.

I am 6 foot and the 19" frame is a really good fit for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Altitude 20 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.