Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Genesis abyss – any good?
  • sangobegger
    Free Member

Thinking of purchasing an Abyss – has anyone out there got one,and what is it like? Answers on a postcard please!

Swayndo
    Free Member

You sure sangobeggar? Wouldya no be better building something up?

Bregante

considered one of these meself but couldn't find any reviews so in the end I went for a Marin Rocky Ridge

Johnboy373
    Free Member

I was looking at the Abyss too, But like bregante said I couldnt find any reviews either. In the end I went for a Genesis Altitude 10 I got to say…I love it!!

Alpine bikes have 2 last time I spoke to them(about 2 weeks ago). 1 in their Aberdeen store and another in Inverness. They said it would be no problem to get one shipped down for me to look at.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Orange Crush? Does the same thing but looks sweet as and has rave reviews.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I ended up with one through cycle to work, (I really wanted an altitude but they were sold out)and I must say I was pleasantly impresssed, it's has a nice geometry I can't fault any of the major component choices. The Wheels seem a lot burlier than i really need on a hardtail to be honest and the tyres have a lot of drag, but the frame is nicely detailed, and the fork is superb.

I'm swapping the majority of the parts onto my old sub five to give it a freshen/strengthen up and running the abyss with lighter wheels, tyres, and triple ring setup giving me something considerably quicker, but still able to be pointed at some steep and jumpy trails.

Stil not sure about the colour though, looks better with most of the whiteness removed…

Johnboy373
    Free Member

I also looked at the Orange Crush and would have loved to get on however I plumbed for the Genesis Altitude 10 due to its adjustable fork also I got a brand new 09 Altitude for the bargain price of £600!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Genesis abyss – any good?’ is closed to new replies.