Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gen 1 Cotic Soul seat collar size
  • mrmoofo

I have one of the above but as the seat post kept slipping (yes it is 27.2) I have always used a clamp, rather than a QR. As I run the post quite high and will be out playing in two weekend, i want to go QR.

I know the seat post size -a nd the size of front chnager needed … but I can’t find what seat clamp is needed …
    Any ideas
    Mr M

takisawa2

30mm.

It’s actually something like 29.8 but (I think) Cotic shipped them with a 30mm Salsa clamp, then went to Hope 30mm clamps some years later.

I’ve had Hope clamps slip but never had an issue since I used a Salsa one.

mrmoofo

Cool – thanks

Does anyone make a QR that addresses the Soul’s tendancy to let the seat post slip down?

andytherocketeer

Salsa. Mine doesn’t slip down.

Think it’s the machined finish of certain popular brand of seatpost that causes them to slip down?

mrmoofo

Do Salsa do a QR version?
    And yes, it is a Thomson – so they are the culprits?

mrmoofo

Ok – yes they do …
    And the delightful Evans may actually have them …

andytherocketeer

That was the rumour I heard, although my Thomson, Salsa and Soul (ca. 2008) combination has been fine. I do make sure to keep it clean and dry, and occasionally adjust the bolt tension.

Now my Scott plus generic OEM post with a similar kind of finish is so slippery that I had to put the reflector and light bracket on the post in such a place that they stop the post slipping down.

mrmoofo

But ebay have them cheaper !

Thanks all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gen 1 Cotic Soul seat collar size’ is closed to new replies.