Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • GARRRRRRRRRR FFS stop that
  • juan
    Free Member

Stop having American actors to play English characters. That is utter rubbish piss poor white flying shite.
    That really is annoying, as the only thing they do is putting up a fake rubbish accent and speak in a totally odd way.

FFS it’s not like there is a lack of good actors in the UK…

And that is true specially for Jude Law and Tony stark GRRRRRRRRRRRR

And breathe

Stoner
    Free Member

Im sure they’re over the moon with Hugh Laurie’s accent in House too, what with there being a shortage of American actors …. 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

Isn’t Jude Law English?

Pook

yeah Jude Law’s English. and Tony Stark is Robert Downey Jr.

Good rant Juan.

6/10

scaredypants

That is utter rubbish piss poor white flying shite

now that’s quality, Juan !!

bruneep

At least we can do a proper French accent.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Must say, I can’t helping watching House, without thinking of The Prince Regent in Blackadder… 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

House speaks in an american accent? Sounds just like his normal English accent to me.

juan
    Free Member

only 6 pook 🙁
    Shall I had Johnny Deep to get better marks 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Check out this guys Russian accent…

…and his Spanish ….

samuri
    Free Member

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned Dick Van Dyke yet!

samuri
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te_Nv3lMUnA

Irish, cockney, scottish or australian, you decide, Dick certainly can’t.

juan
    Free Member

Druidh saddly I haven’t seen any of those film in English I was in France hence watching them in French so can’t really comment on that.

Merde, missed bruneep xenophobic comment sorry wont happen again.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Woah there, they’re hardy ‘xenophobic comments’.

‘Ello Ello’ was at one point a seriously popular show, peak viewing slot on a Saturday and some would say a vessel through which many British people first toyed with the idea of visiting/experiencing France in person.

That Gallic flair certainly makes you a little precious doesn’t it Juan?

juan
    Free Member

soot nope just bored about xenophbic comment on here.
    Bitten once twice shy…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Precious is the word.

How could a thread about ludicrous and terrible accents go through without a mention of ‘Allo ‘Allo?

Stoner
    Free Member

Precious is the word.

or pathetic.

theflatboy
    Free Member

this thread’s gone wrong.

verses

The only thing that spoilt Band of Brothers for me was the random American accents that Damien Lewis seemed to employ. He was largely consistent, but there were one or two episodes where I almost expected him to bring out Groucho Marx glasses and cigar.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Top marks from me juan.
    For a French bloke ranting in English, it’s brilliant. Better than some natives!

That is utter rubbish piss poor white flying shite.

Might start using that myself!

Nickel juan!

SB 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Precious is the word.

or pathetic.
    Some people never disappoint me… 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Sean Connery won an oscar for his Irish accent!
    I had to walk out of Highlander at the cinema because of Christopher Lambert’s Scottish accent!
    I agree with Juan!

How could a thread about ludicrous and terrible accents go through without a mention of ‘Allo ‘Allo?

Because ‘allo ‘allo is unwatchable, unfunny rubbish??

Stoner
    Free Member

Juan – you’re a whiny little girl. Your nationality or accent has no bearing on the fact.

Smee
    Free Member

That is utter rubbish piss poor white flying shite.

10/10 for that line alone. 😀

juan
    Free Member

I had to walk out of Highlander at the cinema because of Crhistopher Lambert’s Scottish accent!
    I agree with Juan!

Even his french acing is very bad…

juan
    Free Member

Juan – you’re a whiny little girl.

Nope I am just bored about the anti french going on this forum that’s it. Even yours

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Im sure they’re over the moon with Hugh Laurie’s accent in House too, what with there being a shortage of American actors

I used to work with a couple of American chaps. Nice blokes. They were amazed when I told them Hugh Laurie was a Brit. They honestly never realised…..

Stoner
    Free Member

“Anti-French”? Moi?

Are you on crack?

Point to any anti french comments I have EVER made?
    I spend 2 or 3 months a year in France – you’d think Id find that difficult if I was “anti” French.

Nope. Back to my original point, you may be French yourself, but its not that that makes you a whiny-arsed sap.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Stoner, I think you are goin’ a bit OTT there. Lighten up please.

SB 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

Sean Connery won an oscar for his Irish accent!

I didn’t realise there was an Oscar for ‘Best Foreign Accent’

antigee

‘Ello Ello’ was at one point a seriously popular show……and some would say a vessel through which many British people first toyed with the idea of visiting/experiencing France in person.

now that may well be true but the image i get means this is one of the funniest things i’ve read for some time – thank you

samuri
    Free Member

How tall is that copper in allo allo? I’ve stood next to rene (Gorden Kaye) and he was a bit taller than me which puts him over 6′ and in that picture the copper towers over him

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.ciaranbrown.com/bostrom.html

It was good to meet Arthur Bostrom at Memorabilia in Birmingham in November 2006. He is very tall (6′ 4″) as you can probably tell from this photograph. His character, Officer Crabtree in ‘Allo! ‘Allo! is very funny as he mixes up all his words. I resisted the temptation to greet him with “Good Moaning!” He signed my War Diaries book for me.

bruneep

Merde, missed bruneep xenophobic comment sorry wont happen again.

Eh?

Skid-Mark
    Free Member

HIJACK,

Juan, would you by any chance be the one and only, not to be forgotten french Juan of old? I very much hope you are, as I always left ashamed of the how you were treated and the comments that were made which lead to leaving the forum. Not one of STW’s finest hours. So, if its you, great to see you back on here, and from the look of your posts, I’d put money on it being you to!!

abientout (or something like that),

Skiddie

druidh
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

> Merde, missed bruneep xenophobic comment sorry wont happen again.

Eh?

Methinks Juan thought the “Good Moaning” content was aimed at him, as he wouldn’t know that this was part of the script of the show.

juan
    Free Member

skid mark as you could guess from my grammar/spelling yes it’s me.

DezB
    Free Member

skid mark as you could guess from my grammar/spelling yes it’s me

and he left (ie. got himself banned) because of his studies. Alledged xenophobia only goes so far eh? 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nope I am just bored about the anti french going on this forum that’s it.

Juan; lighten up. There’s a massive difference between ‘xenophobia’ and light-hearted banter, which is what ‘Ello Ello’ was all about. You’re well out of line calling Brunnep xenophobic.

Xenophobia; irrational fear or dislike of people from other countries/places.

Ello Ello was about celebrating the bravery and honour of the French Resistance and people. Have you ever watched an episode? Yes, it used stereotypes, but they were positive, not negative. It was just a comedy. I really don’t think it inflamed hatred and fear of France and it’s people. Quite the opposite, in fact, as it actually inspired people to want to visit Normandy and northern France.

I think you owe Bruneep an apology.

You’ve taken the P out of mine and Peter’s accents enough in the past, and made disparaging comments about British people. Strangely, we don’t think you’re a xenophobe…

kevonakona
    Free Member

Couldn’t watch Black Hawk Down without waiting for random Trainspotting moments.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘GARRRRRRRRRR FFS stop that’ is closed to new replies.