Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • GARRRRRRRRRR FFS stop that
  • aP
    Free Member

Yes, we don’t think, we know 😐

wheelz
    Free Member

Strangely, ‘Allo, Allo’ is/was very popular in Holland.

juan
    Free Member

You’ve taken the P out of mine and Peter’s accents enough in the past

True and it did worked both way never accused you and poddy of being xenophobes either.
    It’s just that lately there is a return of the CEMS as from a lot of posts recently (one about the Dday, stoner post of his holidays).

yossarian
    Free Member

agree with stoner TBH

juan has jumped on me for allegedly being a racist/xenopohobe etc etc in the past but has also forgotten that I started the thread on here calling for him to come back after he was treated pretty roughly by some forum members on a thread he started about motorbike helmets.

juan – you seem unable to distinguish between well intentioned banter and genuine unpleasantness. From what I can see 99% of the problems on this issue on STW are caused by you.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ello Ello

FFS, I can’t even get that right… 🙄

Juan; I’ll always defend you, if someone was being genuinely nasty, but that’s not the case here. Granted, there are a few idiots who make xenophobic/discriminatory/prejudicial comments, and they deserve to be challenged.

Bruneep hazzunt done this. Therefore, I feel you ought to apologise to him. Your actions were unfair.

juan
    Free Member

Ok bruneep my apologies. But I am going to trust rude boy on this one

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nice one. Always trust in RudeBoy.

It is the Only True Way.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yep listed to the rude one, Juan, sorry but you’re overreacting a little on this one.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s just that lately there is a return of the CEMS as from a lot of posts recently (one about the Dday, stoner post of his holidays).

Go own. You’re going to have to explain the Xenophobia in my post about my holidays because casting these accusations about me is really starting to piss me off – if for some reason you’re taking offence at something, it’s clearly your problem, not mine.

Regardless of you treatment at the hands of some idiots in some old thread (I’m afraid I missed it so dont know what it was all about) if you then go around accusing the STW forum of being “institutionally” Xenophobic, you are being extremely rude to the vast majority who are nothing of the sort. If you then make unfounded accusations about named people (bruneep, me) you are well out of line.

MrAgreeable

Back to the original topic, I call for the defence Julianne Moore in The Big Lebowski. Brilliant actress, spot on accent.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Rene Zellweger in that girls’ film weren’t too bad.

juan
    Free Member

Stoner Tarn + france profonde was very insulting…

Stoner
    Free Member

Tarn was one part of a whole month in France.
    I spent time in other parts of Lozere, Aude, and Pyrenees Orientals. Places where France Profonde does very much exist.

You chose to be prissy and insulted (although I cant quite see how). As I said, that’s your problem, not mine, and it certainly isnt evidence of any xenophobia on my part.

I suppose I shall have to accept you wont be apologising for your rude accusations anytime soon then?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Stoner Tarn + france profonde was very insulting…

Why do you feel that is insulting Juan?

MrAgreeable

Seems like the usual combination of attention seeking and paper-thin skin is in effect. 🙄

juan
    Free Member

well stoner you are supposing quite accurately. France profonde is a term used by mostly parisian and city dwellers to define remote places that are kinda stuck a few years back in time. It’s not a very nice term and it’s never use in a nice way. Think of it as using chav for example not a nice term is it stoner.

Stoner
    Free Member

mrsflash – I assume that juan has contrived to assume I was implying that if Tarn is “profonde” (isolated, of an earlier era) where in fact it’s relatively touristy and vibrant etc, then the implication was that most of France was isolated or staid.

Quite a feat of mental gymnastics if that is the case.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Right, it’s an English use of french problem. Stoner uses the term, as all native English speakers who affect speaking french would, to mean unspoilt, authentic France of the sort that wealthy middle-class English people like to “discover” on long and intensely cultural holidays. If it is a term of abuse when used in French (and I’m frankly sceptical) then it certainly isn’t when used in English. So wind your daft neck in.

Stoner
    Free Member

Well there you go.

Juan, if you’re going to go around applying your own, idiosyncratic, definitions to words and phrases you are going to find yourself awfully offended more often than you should.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_profonde

juan
    Free Member

No stoner I implied you though it was a retarded place populated by retarded people that are no better than you are. Which is the use of France profonde buy most of the city dwellers.

Then ask yourself this question:
    Would the allo allo stuff would have been posted on a “rant against the crap english accent from american actors” if the OP would have been british?

Stoner
    Free Member

retarded place populated by retarded people…used…by most of the city dwellers.

source? examples?

never seen it used as such in English. Would be mighty surprised to see such a use in French too. Dont be shy to link to a French source I can have a stab at reading it…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Which is obviously why he goes on holiday there…

“Can you hear banjos?” 🙄

You’re wrong. Pipe down. Post a picture of yourself so we can look at how pretty you are if you like. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Would the allo allo stuff would have been posted on a “rant against the crap english accent from american actors” if the OP would have been british?

For heaven’s sake. 😆 Yes. It. Would. Allo Allo is a splendid example of very bad accents. It is even better than Kevin Costner in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. It would have been amazing if no-one had mentioned it. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

You’re being daft now and that question makes no sense.

There’s is nothing misplaced about the reference to the Allo Allo guy in this thread.

Once again you are contriving to be offended. You’re either trolling or need help.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This sort of thing is still miles away from what Stoner meant, and that ought to have been evident from context to a normally adjusted person.

I can’t follow all of that, but the gist is that the hilarious toothless yokels can’t work a computer. 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

yes!

trailmonkey

Of course the irony here is that the Allo Allo character was deliberately affecting a bad accent.
    Was it xenophobic ? Yes certainly, if it was trying to make out that English people are too dim to speak foreign languages.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yes certainly, if it was trying to make out that English people are too dim to speak foreign languages.

good point!

MrAgreeable

Is it time for a post-modern reappraisal of ‘Allo Allo then? I used to love it when I was 9, it can’t have aged that badly, surely? 🙂

nickc

C’mon Jaun, Stoners use of Profonde wasn’t anything other than in the normal English use of the term. Now if he’d been banging on about about spending a month with the Ch’tis, then you’d maybe have a case… 🙂

You can have a pop if you like…

DezB
    Free Member

I thought “Mind Your Language” was much funnier than ‘Allo ‘Allo (which was only watched by morons at my school iirc

RudeBoy – Member
    Rene Zellweger in that girls’ film weren’t too bad.

But there must’ve been an English actress (who’s eyes actually open properly) that could’ve played the part!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Bleedin ‘ell.
    Been out on me bike in Rural France – lovely, 3 hrs of sunny careless car less bliss thanks – and come back to this!

Can we all have a glass of wine and/or beer now. Kick back and relax? 🙂

trailmonkey

Bleedin ‘ell.
    Been out on me bike in Rural France – lovely, 3 hrs of sunny careless car less bliss thanks – and come back to this!

Can we all have a glass of wine and/or beer now. Kick back and relax?

Only one person getting (needlessly) uptight.

Del

again 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

Strato – I would have left it in a “he’s not worth it stylee”, but the slag was takin liberties, innit. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Bienvenue chez les Ch’tis

nick – I saw that film while I was in France in December.

It was very funny and I cant help thinking about the scene as the post office guy crosses the border into Nord-Pas Calais and the bright day becomes a crashing rain storm whenever I drive that way from Dijon 🙂

DrJ

Strangely, ‘Allo, Allo’ is/was very popular in Holland.

So is Gordon Ramsay, but that doesn’t stop every restaurant in Holland being a pile of shit.

Speshpaul

In Allo Allo our hero was a old bold French man who was Shagging not one but two waitress’s, whilst surrounded by idiots from France Britain Germany and Italy.
    Generally speaking Rena was shown in a very good light, whilst the rest (Brits included) looked a bit daft.
    Juan, you are a reactionary lycra wearing lover of men 🙂

bruneep

juan – Member

Ok bruneep my apologies. But I am going to trust rude boy on this one

Its Ok juan, I was just a bit puzzled by your accusation of me.

Cheers rudeboy for standing up for the wee man.

I was mearly pointing out the crap accents in “Allo Allo” nothing more nothing less. If you want to read something into it that wasn’t there, well………

😕

DezB
    Free Member

Watched “Red Eye” last night – Cillian Murphy and Brian Cox doing American accents… bloody rubbish.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘GARRRRRRRRRR FFS stop that’ is closed to new replies.