Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin / Strava
  • theotherjonv

Why can’t my Strava account see today’s activity on my Edge 705?

Usually upload from file, I just open the Garmin in file explorer, find the activity under history, double click, and it uploads.

The activity is in the history on the device, but isn’t in the history folder when I look in explorer. Have tried creating a new activity, which also shows on the device but doesn’t show up on explorer?

I only keep 3mo activities on the device so it’s not overloaded, never had an issue before.

I then tried allowing Garmin Connect, to see if that would find it instead but no joy – for a supplementary bonus point, how do I un-allow Garmin connect again?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sometimes. Stravas slow or connect. It will eventually if it’s uploaded to connect.

njee20
    Free Member

Or it’s corrupt. Try a manual upload from the device into Strava. If that doesn’t work you can often fix it with an XML editor.

theotherjonv

What do you mean by manual upload – I thought that’s what I’m doing

Go to the orange + in the top right corner

Upload activity

File

Choose files <opens explorer window>

– but then the files nowhere to be found on the device? Despite being clearly there in the history when I use the device menu buttons instead.

Also means i can’t open it in a text editor, as i can’t locate a file to open.

njee20
    Free Member

Even going through Windows explorer? Should be there in Activities, even if it’s corrupt. If it’s not there you’ve got no chance I’d say!

theotherjonv

all my .tcx files are in a folder called history – except this one. Despite being there on the device itself.

timba
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with my Etrex a few months ago; you could see all of the ride data on the device screen but couldn’t find it/upload it.
    I tried a couple of internet “solutions” but the cure was to send it back to Garmin

mattbee

When this happened to me on my 705 it was because the previous ride hadn’t saved correctly due to battery draining in the cold.
    All the rides after that appeared to be in the device but didn’t show up in my history on Garmin Connect. Iirc they were still there on the device in the ‘laps’ file but I gave up on transferring them. Once I’d deleted the offending incorrectly saved stuff from that folder the device went back to working as before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin / Strava’ is closed to new replies.