Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin Forerunner 110 for riding?
  • kiwijohn

Does anyone use one?
    I know they’re designed for running, but I only want the basic functions & the ability to download the route to a map.
    The Edge 800 is nice, but I don’t really want all that. & I have a habit of smashing cycle computers, so I don’t want the Edge 200 either.
    Any other options?

djglover
    Free Member

I use a 110 for most of my riding. I run a lot, and for that its perfect, sometimes I do use 2, the garmin geko for route finding and the 110 for measuring / analysing performance. If you deffo don’t need the route finding then go for it, its a really good size for an every day watch too.

kiwijohn

Thanks for that. Just want a substitute for a bike computer, that can track the route.
    I don’t train or anything so basic is enough.
    Does it display current speed as you go?

djglover
    Free Member

No, only average speed over a selected lap distance, which is very useful for running, but not perfect for cycling, when you do want realtime and average I find.

Stoner
    Free Member

I use the foretrex 101. very inexpensive
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=260&ra=true
    records routes & waypoints. And mostr usefully can give OS grid ref.
    Gives you moving averages and actual overland speed. ETA, altitude etc. Customiseable screens.

I mainly use it as a navigation aid on the welsh moors if my map reading’s gone a bit pooey 🙂

I also use it to record routes in france for sticking in google earth.

fubar
    Free Member

Forerunner 205 or 305 (Amazon have good prices)…both less than £100. Use the Garmin connect web-site to upload your rides.

kiwijohn

Hmm… with no speed, it might not be what I want.
    Definitely want something watch size, so the etrex is out. The 205/305 are just too chunky for my liking. Might look at the 210 or 405/410.
    The Suunto X10 looks good, but $900 😯
    Cheers KJ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Forerunner 110 for riding?’ is closed to new replies.