Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Edge Brackets
  • RealMan
    Free Member

They keep breaking. Anyone else had this problem?

First one broke when I fell off on the mtb, so I thought that was fair enough. Then another broke today on the road bike, just going down a descent (the road wasnt that well surfaced, but no where near the worst of today). The Garmin itself was sent off flying bouncing down the road, but luckily it survived without any sign of damage at all.

So the actual Garmins are bomb proof, I really can praise them on that. But the brackets? Theyre falling to pieces. Even the one that hasnt broken, doesnt hold it very securely, it wobbles a lot.

PJay
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve broken several, one (I think) after just one ride. The plastic they’re made of seems pretty brittle. Having said that one has been going strong for ages and is showing no signs of failure.

I think that I’ll probably try not to ziptie them quite as firmly in the future.

neilb67
    Free Member

I think there is an updated mount from Garmin. Get in touch and “complain” a bit and they may replace it

Search on Motionbased forum for “mount”

Ed2001
    Free Member

Funny mine broke yesterday on a ride, I only use mine on my road bike and it’s lasted 18 months so perhaps I shouldn’t moan too much.

RealMan
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll give them a call Monday morning.

The thing I really worry about is that one day it might fall off and go down a drain or in a lake or something. It might survive, but might be impossible to get back. And they cost like £250.

Dibbs
    Free Member

If you’re really worried about it you could always put another cable tie around the Edge to hold it in place, I think some of the TGF riders where doing it last year (but that may have just been an anti theft measure).

RealMan
    Free Member

I thought of that, but the only way I can see it working would be to put it diagonally across it, which would block out the screen a bit, and might make some of the side buttons hard to use. Also I would go through cable ties no end.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have mounts on 4 bikes and not managed to break one yet – I find it engages differently on each of the 4 (on one it only barely clips in and on another it takes a lot of force to get on and I need a screwdriver to lever the clip out underneath so I can get it off, the other 2 are somewhere in between).

kona_uk
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 brackets for 2 years….no problems….

Digimap
    Free Member

I have mounts on 4 bikes and not managed to break one yet – I find it engages differently on each of the 4 (on one it only barely clips in and on another it takes a lot of force to get on and I need a screwdriver to lever the clip out underneath so I can get it off, the other 2 are somewhere in between).

You know they’re directional right? The bottom part has a recess which must line up with the flappy tab.

trail_rat
    Free Member

likewise with konauk original 2 brackets for 2 years

Are you guys that are breaking them all using 605/705s ? they are significantly bigger/heavier than my 205 and the 305 …. perhaps garmin didnt take this into consideration when specifying the bracket !

Milkie
    Free Member

My friend has broken 2 brackets with his 305, I haven’t broken any yet with my 705. So don’t think it’s the weight of the device. Probably more to do with the person? 😕

My cadence sensor is another thing, 3rd sensor, every sensor stops working after the first ride. 😥

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge Brackets’ is closed to new replies.