Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin Edge and Wahoo Sensors
  • sparkyspice
    Free Member

So I’ve just splashed out on an Edge 1000 and I was hoping that it would pair with my Wahoo TCKR and BlueSC, but I can’t seem to get it connected.
    In the setup menu I have selected “Add Sensor” and I’ve tried various combinations such as “Search All”, “Heart Rate”, “Cadence” etc but I’m having no luck.
    I know my heart rate monitor (Wahoo Tckr) works because I’ve just ridden with it (it connects with my Garmin Fenix too) and it’s showing up on my iPhone6, but it won’t connect with my Edge 1000. Am I doing something stupid?
    Incidentally the Edge connects via Bluetooth with my phone…

sweaman2
    Free Member

From

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/06/garmin-1000-depth-review.html

“Finally, it’s worth noting that the Edge 1000 does not at this time connect to any Bluetooth Smart sensors (i.e. a Bluetooth Smart heart rate strap or speed/cadence sensor). It only connects to ANT+ sensors. However, unlike the Edge 510 and Edge 810, the Edge 1000 actually contains a full Bluetooth 4.0 chipset, thus it could be programmed to connect to such sensors down the road if Garmin were to enable it to.”

Don’t know if this helps or not.

djflexure

Doesn’t the Tickr have both Ant+ and BT

zilog6128

As does the Blue SC (I use one with my Garmin)

Don’t you have to put the Blue SC into some kind of pairing mode by activating it (spinning cranks/wheel)? What does the manual say? Similarly have you activated the HRM?

jam-bo

Is ant+ 1:1 or 1:many?

I.e. Is it connected to your fenix already?

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Well it’s definitely ANT+ AND Bluetooth – It has it stamped on the back.
    I’ve just replaced the battery just in case.

Whilst searching for the TICKR with the Edge, I turned the Bluetooth on my iPhone6 and Fenix3 off and still the Edge 1000 did not find it.
    I began the search process again. Whilst the Edge was still searching (and not finding the TICKR), I turned the Bluetooth back on the Fenix and the iPhone6. Guess what? They both found it straight away…

I’ve followed the online and paper manual to the letter. I’ve also asked Garmin for ideas, but as usual I’ll have to wait for them to get back to me…

System reset next.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’ve got the heart rate monitor to connect – by doing a reset and then trying several times to pair. I still can’t get the speed/cadence sensor to work though. Might have to sit on the turbo while I’m doing it so that I’m not completely wasting my time…

CraigW
    Free Member

Make sure you set the Edge to look for a combined speed/cadence sensor. If set for a speed-only or cadence-only sensor, it may not detect it.

Also you could try upgrading the firmware on the Edge.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Thanks CraigW. I’ll try that, but I have already used the “Search All” option. Fingers crossed.
    Software is the latest 11.20.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge and Wahoo Sensors’ is closed to new replies.