• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What to ask for, for Christmas?
  • canopy
    Free Member

Yup, its that time of year.

I’m being asked for Christmas ideas to pass around various bits of my family, and whilst my parents/siblings are covered with what they’re getting me its the mrs and her family i’m having trouble with. This is compounded but the fact its also my birthday within a week of Christmas.

I don’t believe I’m the only one in this position. So.. the idea is, what MTB related gifts can we put on the Christmas wishlist and avoid getting a load of useless tat in the process. Providing a big enough wishlist so its a surprise would be awesome.

Oh and I’m roughly aiming for a max of £50 per item.

already asked for
    – Mountain Biking: The untold British story – DVD

going to ask for
    – a new helmet (ok its 55 quid.. but hey close enough)

and I’m stuck..

a few more ideas those of you who don’t have them already, or have something that needs updating.

– hydration pack / camelbak
    – grips or seat
    – maps or guidebooks
    – magazine subs
    – gift voucher for LBS/wiggle/where you get your stuff
    – tools / parts? maybe?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

C&H

gilesmartin81

I have added an airshot to the list, I would never get one myself as i have made one from a coke bottle, but it would be nice to have a proper tool.

jekkyl

I’m asking for loads of tools this year, I already have all I need so asking for better quality ones that will hopefully last a lifetime. Other suggestions:
    .Skills training.
    .A day pass to go cycling whilst partner/sibling/parental looks after kids (if you have any)
    .New pedals, everyone likes new pedals and they’re stupidly expensive
    .A garmin
    .Hope bits (jockey wheels, heatset, seatpost collar?)
    .Some really nice coffee
    .Some really nice whisky/wine.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Knee pads or elbow pads?

ahwiles
    Free Member

This IS stw, so…

hipflask.
    coffee subscription.
    home-brew starter kit.
    artisan hatchet.
    audi keyring.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

A workstand

Mister-P
    Free Member

My parents bought me a Dry Robe for Christmas. I wanted it for surfing but they are ideally suited to bike riding too. It was great in Saunton Sands car park last weekend. Nice and warm whilst sorting out boards before getting dressed.

Edit – over your budget though.

Harry_the_Spider

I asked for a dropper post. I am getting a pair of Hebtroco trousers.

lesgrandepotato

Donations towards a biking adventure holiday? Do you really need more stuff?

finbar
    Free Member

I’m hoping I get some really nice cheese, and maybe some good coffee. Last thing I want for Christmas is more stuff.

canopy
    Free Member

.Hope bits (jockey wheels, heatset, seatpost collar?)

+1… jockey wheels, great idea 🙂

(already got a clamp..)

Last thing I want for Christmas is more stuff.

Stuff you’d buy anyways, or want yes..

useless stuff that sits on the shelf, no.

Drac

Something from here perhaps?

MoreCashThanDash

Shamelessly taking from a BBC article today, you should ask for four things. One you want, one you need, one you wear and one you read.

doris5000

I mainly just ask for things I can eat or drink. But books and posh socks are always welcome too.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I was stuck for inspiration this year but then thought about asking for a selection of walking / riding guide books so that I can look over them and make my own adventures throughout the year.
    so rather than end up with more “stuff” I will end up with more experiences

Mister-P
    Free Member

Socks, always socks.

ade9933
    Free Member

you definitely need these (little over 50 notes) – check the review, they must be great!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ceramicspeed-titanium-pulley-wheels-coated/rp-prod144651

canopy
    Free Member

But what ABEC are they? (I’m an ex-skateboarder..)

Mister-P
    Free Member

“These Jockey wheels are an incredible deal for anyone wanting to step up from a beginner mountain biker to an amateur. Great value for money and quite possibly the best value upgrade for your Mtb! These jockey wheels allowed me to demolish my local king of the mountain time by an extra 3 second on my first attempt With them (I now have the top 7 times)! Would definitely recommend for anyone considering a next level upgrade for their bike. Do not hesitate and get in quick while stocks last!!”

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Peace, love and understanding.

BigJohn

A nice bright rear light for when you’re on the roads in daytime.

canopy
    Free Member

A nice bright rear light for when you’re on the roads in daytime.

Roads!? 🙂 I rarely touch tarmac, but if you’re that way inclined.. 😆

Actually some chinese bike lights would fall into budget..

jimmy

Your own acre from TreesForLife (to “put something back” for everything else)

P-Jay
    Free Member

I went for a skills course.

Last year I asked for a pass for my annual Alps trip, not payment for, just a no-naging and moaning pass to plan and enjoy my trip in peace. Didn’t get it, paid in spades for it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What to ask for, for Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.