Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Edge 205+305
  • spev

Im thinking of an Edge 205 or 305 to replace my ageing Etrex Venture. Can I use it as a basic handheld GPS as well? We do a little geocaching now and again so its got to work for that (ie can I input co-ords)
    It's either an Edge or a basic Etrex H which may be my best option.
    Cheers

daveob
    Free Member

The edge units are very simple with just breadcrumb track logging. The Etrex is the more advanced system.

sockpuppet

if you enter a point via lat/long or grid you can GOTO and the unit will give you range and bearing to the point.

bit long winded though, i think you have to enter the points through the buttons on the unit rather than via pc

if this is not the case then enlighten me! i really like my edge, though it's more of a fancy cycle computer (tells you where you were) rather than nav aid (tells you where to go)

druidh
    Free Member

As a handheld GPS, I'd use an Etrex (or a Geko)

spev

I only really use it as a "where I was" device as far as cycling is concerned. I found my Etrex venture to be quite poor at getting a signal under tree cover. I'm tempted by an Edge but may just stump up for a basic Etrex H.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I and 2 friends use ours (we have one each) to go geocaching. No problems. I have entered co-ordinates via memory map.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 205+305’ is closed to new replies.