Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Garmin Edge 200 – Any Good?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Just about to buy one for my wife for her birthday – can get it for £100 so not too bad – doesn’t need mapping or HRM at present as just getting back into cycling after a long term illness 🙂

wwaswas

if she’s likely to want hrm in the future then get the one that can have the chest strap added later (not sure if that one can)?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No it can’t WW – I doubt she’ll require an HRM ATM but I expect that I’ll have replaced my 800 to the “900” by then 😉

neil853
    Free Member

I really like mine, I had an Edge 305 before that but I just couldn;t be arsed with the mapping features. I just wanted a toy basically that I could look/play with when I got back home. As a posh computer (basically what I wanted) its great.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its a great computer, in reality how many actually ‘need’ to know their heart rate, very few.

Its a great way to keep trake of your rides, also you can upload a map of a route and follow it which is a very handy feature if you are riding around places you dont really know.

I consider it one of the best things i have bought for my bike.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I see you can do courses so you could use it as a basic mapping tool if you uploaded a course and followed it?

LOL just answered my own question 🙂 http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/08/garmin-edge-200-in-depth-review.html

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Good review, sums it up nicely.

atlaz
    Free Member

Its a great computer, in reality how many actually ‘need’ to know their heart rate, very few.

I don’t NEED to but I find it useful to see about how hard I’ve actually been working but mostly that’s for the road bike or the quick loop near home.

pete68
    Free Member

Good computer but let down in my eyes by not having a current time option. Seems a silly oversight.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Agreed Pete but you can just press the btm left button and get the front screen with the time on it.

pete68
    Free Member

You can do that but it’s very small and not very handy when riding. Got a Edge 500 instead where you can customise the data fields so I could have the time more visible. If you’re not fussed on that though it’s great at what it does.

Stiggy

Does anyone know if it’ll give you OS coordinates?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

No

velomanic
    Free Member

Loving my Garmin Edge 200, it’s brilliant 🙂

Stiggy

Thanks stevewhyte.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 200 – Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.